One Of The First Two Climbers To Reach The Top

Sir Edmund Hillary and his Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay were the first two climbers to reach the top of Mount Everest.

Read this short biography of Hillary, as well as this interview with him.

Why do you think he tried to do something no one else had ever done? If you had become as famous as he became after his climb, would you have tried to spend so much time helping the people who live in Nepal? Or would you have just tried to go out and have a good time? Why?

11 thoughts on “One Of The First Two Climbers To Reach The Top

1. I Think He Climbed The Mountain because of his passion for climbing mountains that were over 20,000 ft. So He wanted to climb Mt. Everst.If I had become as famous as he became after his climb, I would help some people in Nepal then go back to the states to rest. Since some people would look up to you for what no one has ever done before.

2. I think it was because he wanted to be the first to accomplish something that has seemed impossible to mankind for so many years.
    I would had done the same thing and tried to help out the people in Nepal because they aren’t that developed and seem poor.

3. he wanted to be accomplish something that has seemed impossible to everyone else in the world.. i wouldn’t have been the first to climb not one mountain…
    THE END!!!!!

4. He’s a really brave men “WOW” maybe he wanted to be the first to accomplish something that has seemed impossible to mankind for so many years. For me, I wouldn’t even try to climb a mountain..(OR TREE) climbing is not my thing AHA

5. I think he want to be the first accomplish something that he had wish for year to year……For me, i wouldn’t go climb because I don’t want too….and I also scared that I would not survey if i climb at the high mountain……

6. he probably wanted to make history which he did, and i think climbing was his favorite thing to do. I would not want to climb any mountain not even the smallest mountain, i would not want to risk not surviving.

7. I think he want to do something else before he dead or something that no one have done.
    Maybe he want be in history for peole study about him.
    For me…. i never climb any mountain. No matter how much they pay me or I pay to them.

8. he probably did it because he loved to climb mountains so he wanted to try something harder and something nobody had ever done before.. i would help people in nepal

9. I think he climbed it because of his love for the mountains that might had cleared his stress away.
    If I had become as famous as he became after his climb, I would have tried to spend time helping the people who live in Nepal.

10. I think he climbed it because of he loved the mountains and wanted to try something no one else did. If I had become as famous as he did i would help the people who live in Nepal.