Learn About Zimbabwe

The book Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters is based on a story from the African nation of Zimbabwe.

Please look at these links to learn more about African and Zimbabwe. Write three things you learn.

The Three Tests: A Swahili Tale of Choices

The Impossible Task

An African Story of Creation

Are His Parents From Africa?

Zimbabwe Slideshow

Map of Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Videos

More Zimbabwe Videos

Hunger in Zimbabwe Today

More On Hunger in Zimbabwe Today

Violence in Zimbabwe’s Diamond Fields

34 thoughts on “Learn About Zimbabwe

1. Tri Huynh
    Period 3&4
    Date 3/ 23/ 10

Grandfather’s Journey

In the book, Grandfather’s Journey, Allen Say writes about Grandfather’s traveled in America by train and boat, and walking to see new things and new people when he was young. Another shows the theme of discovering new things by using imagery and characterization.

The author uses imagery to shows the theme of seeing new things. For example, on page 11, the similes ‘’he marveled at the towering mountains and rives as clear as the sky ‘’.this makes me remember when I came to America I saw a lot mountains and rives. Another example is on page 10 the adjectives ‘’tall building ‘’this makes me remember when I came united state I saw the new tall building look like New York building.

The author uses characterization to show the theme of seeing the new things. For example, on page14 Grandfather’s says ‘’California is my favorite place in north America ‘’this makes me remember of when I moved Vietnam to America. Another example is on page 9 Grandfather’s thinks’’ He meets many different people’’ this makes me remember when I start in the school some student speak different languages.

The author shows the theme of discovering new things by using imagery and characterization. It is important to discover new things because make me learn better English. It helpful knows more and more America.

2. i learned about The Impossible Task and WorldZimbabweans looked through garbage in a search for usable food. Manufacturing has slowed to a crawl because few businesses can produce goods for less than their government-imposed sale prices.

3. i learned about the movie Impossible task flash that is nice movie.also i see many people to find some food to eat.

4. So. today i learned about The Impossible Task they talk about story in school and at home……….. …………

5. i learn the long time ago in a far far way village in Africa.
    the map is show like a real map.
    the is kindna scary that she jump down in the water.

6. the three thing i learn is it they get hurt ,have beautiful place ,and they have movies about animals.

7. i learned about The Impossible Task and World Zimbabweans looked through garbage in a search for usable food. Manufacturing has slowed to a crawl because few businesses can produce goods for less than their government-imposed sale prices.

8. today i learn about the Three trest and it video and i was looking at two little girl i know i they think about animal and how they took care of them.

9. So. today i learned about The Impossible Task they talk about story in school and at home……….. …………

10. Today aboat thay people in africa.the africa people is very poor.In their country has alot of animals.

11. i watch the movie about the waterfall n have alot of people to watching the waterfall…….!!!!!!!!!

12. THE THREE THINGS I LEARN IS THE IMPOSSIBLE TASK, THE WORLD ZIMBABWEANS, AND AN AFRICAN STORY CREATION.

13. I learn that the impossible task is hard to a guy and he don’t know how to make some iron into a real man that know how to think, talk, and walk. So he decide to ask his old friend to help and then after that his friend helped him that he need to ask the king for his people to give him hair and tear but the the king give him not enough tear and hair so after that the problem was solve and then he walk home and he was happy and he thanks to his friend.

14. The three thing i learn today is about Africa people is very poor, animals, and beautiful place.

15. Well,today i learn about the impossible task that the african children die because the not rreally take care about their life.

16. I learn about Zimbabwe many things and different place that are beautiful.also i learn that have many animals.And Zimbabwe is beautiful city and have a lot of place to see.

17. the three things i learn about a boy name was kintae he live in a far away village in africa, in every morning his was working hard. One morning a messanger from that king come to tell kintae that the king have a job for you. kintae was very happy about that, so when he reached the king palace he had to wait for a while. After that the king tell him to make a real living man who can walk, talk, think, and has blood in his veins. Another thing is that there was had a beautiful place in Africa. Finally, another thing is that a girl who can take care of animals.

18. three things i learn about zimbabwe is a wonderful waterfall, old house,and animals.

19. i learned about their language and that “lacker” means cool also that zimbabwe is in africa

20. I learn about Zimbabwe.Zimbabwe have a lot of place.And also have beautiful place and animals to see.

21. When i watch this video i learn about they fly airplant and see beautiful mountain and alot of people in the airplant.

22. THE THREE THINGS I LEARN IS THE IMPOSSIBLE TASK, THE WORLD ZIMBABWEANS, AND AN AFRICAN STORY CREATION.

23. Today, i learn a lot of things about Zimbabwe. I learn that Zimbabwe have lot of animals. Also, people take care animals and they like animals.

24. i learned about The Impossible Task and learn about Zimbabwe.Zimbabwe have a lot of place

25. I learn that the impossible task it’s hard to a guy that the king need that guy to make a real real man that know how to cry n talk walk….

26. the three thing i learn is that you can see animals in some places and you can be so close but sometimes they are hungry. another thing i learn is that they like to dace in family together and they have many stories of the past

27. yeah,I think your right about this tri,and by the way it really nice to talk to yoou again,LATER!

28. haha!very funny, but you should check your spelling again and you came to school to learn,and by the way it really nice to meet you.

29. hi,i like it but you should maybe read it again and see what wrong with your sentence,i’m just trying to correct it if is okay with you.