Week Six in Room 11

Please tell me what you think perseverance is in three sentences. Give examples (people who persevered), give descriptions (what they did that took hard work and determination), and give an argument for why perseverance is important and why people should try. After that, go to the Blogs to Read at the right, and read some posts from other sixth graders. You can go on links at right, when the Ms. Mercer gives permission.

45 thoughts on “Week Six in Room 11

1. perserverance is good you should always try your best even if you do not even like what you are doing still try your best you might even ending up liking what ever what you are doing so short and simple but this comment is long you should always try your best

2. i think prserverence is when a person really wants to sucseed something so they try there best.its also when no matter what hapenes you still try.i think jesse owenes showed perserverence.

3. I think perseverance is great. It helps people get through life. If there was no such thing as perseverance, people may have been extinct today.

4. I think that Brian Robeson showed perseverance by fighting a moose. Brian finally fought the crazed moose. I think that everybody should try to persevere every day.

5. Jesse Owens has persevered because he is a African American who has had a hard life.Not anymore he now known as the fastest man alive. He did have haters and people who didnt like him but he still is making a great living with his wife and three daughters.

6. Perseverance is a good thing it shows that your a good and a brave person.It will show others the compassion you have for others.Perseverance in my eyes is a true skill.

7. Perseverance is for Brian. Brian is a 13 year old boy that survives the wilderness. He goes to a bear, thats not all he kills a bird, and gets sprayed by a skunk that does not sound like a paradise

8. I believe perseverance means don’t give up even when you want to. All the slaves had to persevere to stay alive. Perseverance is a thing only you can decide if you have it.

9. Perseverance is when you try your hardest on a goal.You should always try and never give up but if it’s to hard stop for a while and practice.After you practice try that goal again and you might do it.

10. Perseverance is trying hard at something that you love.It is also like when Brian from Hatchet kept trying to create a fire.I think perseverance is great.

11. Perseverance is keep going, when you get knocked out and you cant get up but you do anyway thats perseverance. I have a black belt testing on the 27th I have to run 3 miles and I have to read a 500 word essay in front of like 300 people but i’ll go through it because I have perseverance. Writing the essay took a lot of perseverance. So all i’m saying is that perseverance means : DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!

12. I think perseverance is never giving up. I seen someone being perseverance at P.E. The one person i seen being perseverance is Xavier.

13. Perseverance is push your self in a good way. Its important because if you can persevere you can do anything. Perseverance is another way of saying don’t give up.

14. Perseverance to me trying your best and not giving up. Like when i tried to do a double back flip off the high dive. I landed on my back and knocked the air out of myself, but i kept trying and after i did it a few more times(after i got my air back) i finally did a TRIPLE backflip. To me thats perserverance.

15. Perseverance can be helpful to never give up and follow your dreams. Brian perseverance by making a fire. He also will perseverance to get home.

16. Perseverance is something that you have the choice to have when you need it. Like when Brian was in the wild. Also, when Jesse Owens had pneumonia.

17. Do you know what Perseverance means? It means to not give up. An example is if you are in a baseball game and you are not winning. Do not give up Give 110%

18. I think perseverance is a goal that you want to reach. When you think you can’t do it well if you or show perseverance you can do it. A lot of people don’t know how to show perseverance but they just have to find it within.

19. on persoverens brian did he tried to make a fire but he kept trying to make the fire and did it and he made shelter to keep worm and made harpoons to get some fish.

20. percerverance is like when Brian fought the moose.Brian showed perserverance with the moose by not giving up. Percerverance means never give up.

21. I think perseverance is something that makes you confident and proud.Perseverance is like one of the sayings :If you believe you can you can ,If you believe you can’t you can’t.