Welcome to Week 17

Today, we will concentrate on what we learned today about slavery in America.

1. Go to the links on slavery at the right->
  2. Write about your impressions of slavery based on what you learned there, or in the readings and pictures from earlier. Send me a comment of three sentences;
  3. Options at that point are: to write a post on your blog, write a comment on another student’s blog, or go to the links for Taking a Stand, Sixth Grade Social Studies, or Sixth Grade Science.

21 thoughts on “Welcome to Week 17

1. My impressions on the video were very emotional. I never fully understood slavery but today it hit me like a rock. I cried because i knew it was based off of real life. I knew that it had happened before, and i know that slaves were beaten and even killed because of simple mistakes.

2. I think slavery is the most stupidest thing in the world!!!!!Its sad to see that video.I hope all those slave owners that hurt them go to hell.

3. What we learned about about was a bit intense. I think a lot of us did not enjoy because it was very sad to even think about. So I did not like it at all.

4. I think that slavery is horrible. I think that because
    having a person to do everything want is messed up. Actually I find that really lazy.

5. Slavery is terrible I cant believe that African Americans get treated like that.One it is not fair its showing that America only cares about your race Im black white and french and ive been called bad things.Slavery still happens as we speak but if we can stop being so focus about what people look like then we can stop being so racist

6. 1.One reason I liked that story is because it was interesting.

2.I thought the story was upsetting to others because the dad died and the little boys mom got smacked many of time and then died.

3.It was sad having boys and girls dads or moms die.

7. what i thought about slavery was that it is a bad thing to have and slavery is a rong becouse slavery is a bad thing for people and to beat that person or slave.

8. My opinion about slavery is that it should not have ever been. slavery just does not seam fair. that is what I think about it.

9. I thing slavery is wrong because people don’t like doing stuff for other people. Thing I don’t like about slavery is that only African American people only were slaves. They had to do everything for the Americans.

10. I learned that there were some people that wanted to abolish slavery. Most didn’t want to though because they treated them like money.Slavery was really bad, that is what I learned about slavery.

11. Slavery was not need at the time. People who had slaves were thinking wrong. People didn’t need to whack them, they just needed to be nice.

12. Slavery is madness. Slaves are being held agenst thair will. If I had a slave I would give acational time off even if I can’t.

13. My opinion about slavery is that they were treated badly and unfair. Everyone should be treated fairly, but we can change the past we can only change the future.

14. I think slavery is bad but it did make this Country. I am not saying slavery is good is did make the USA.I did not know that the slaves did every thing that there master commanded. I don’t like slavery but we would not be who we are if we did not have it.

15. I learned that slavery is wrong because when you whip some one in front of a kid it herts them to watch it.It also hurts the person who is getting whipped.I think its like bullying someone.

16. Slavery is really bad and the slave owners should get wedgies!And Im just saying if i was that little kid i would’ve kicked that dudes hiny into next week!Thats just wrong!