Human Rights

November 28, 2007 by alicemercer · 89 Comments · assignments, links

Photo: http://flickr.com/photos/riacale/1347847390/ from riacale’s photostream (Creative Commons license)

UDHR: Plain Language Version

• Read about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This says what rights everyone, everywhere in the world should have.

UDHR–The Rights of Children: Plain Language Version

• Learn about the rights all children should have

What rights do you think children should have? Send me a comment with 3 sentences about this topic.

89 Comments so far ↓

• Ah H.

I think child have a right to have a best friend, without people that are bad because will not responsiblillity.
    So, you should be able to choose and have friends, but choose responsibly?–Ms. Mercer

• Vili T.

Alfredo kids can have a job but they need to be big enough and now what they doing.

• greg

Oscar I think your sport and food is great .

• misha

i think that our mom and dad should give us more freedom so that we can learn from it cause they were kids before and they know how it felt when they did not get to go with the other kids or something.

• Jessica S.

I think that kids could disobey adults because it’s a free country.I thought that because if adults tell a children to do something, they should do it their self because they have hands and arms.That was what I thought about rights.

• tavaR.

What I was saying by opened means that that you cant do anything to a child because there race, there skin color, or who they were born to.

• michelle H.

Kids have the right to make there own choice.
    Kids have the right to have friends.
    Kids have a right to have a house and eat food and help adult.

• Nai S.

I think that your comment is very good. I think Your comment tells me that kids have the right to do what you want to do.It is a freedom world.

• Jacqueline S.

I think a different one is well being able to walk around and get to know other people because the other day a neighbor invited me so i could not go cause it was dark and it was beerly 7:00.So i couldint go.

• Brendan V.

No,they shouldn’t make us mad or guilty because we are all same.They aren’t suppose to because every kid have the rights of what they want.

• TONIE W.

Nai i dont agree to what you are saying about our rights.

we cant dis obey our parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• greg

Kong I think your ideas are great .

• eryana .s.

Nai.s. I like your comet case you pout all rites kids have and thay are trou what you sede good goob.

• Victor A.

When kids vote it’s like an adult voting.Thats why it’s not different.

• cristian g.

I think a child should have the rite to have a home.If a child does not have a home what is going to protect him/her.Also if a child does not have a home how will or were will it eat.

• kong X

1:i think kids should have their own rights because they are just children that don’t have no fathers and mothers…

• aaliyah t

Erika I think that you are right.I think that kids all over the world no matter what should go to school and collage people should not have to pay because if our parents or us don’t pay then our parents or us might go to jail.

• aerreus e.

kids should have their own right of picking what restaurant that they what to eat out and what clothes would they want to where the next day.

• Ger V.

Yes I think children have to keep there language to them self.

• marcus W.

I think kids could go to school or meet new people .

• sonya s.

Annabela I agree with you’re 1st right because if they don’t make a right choice they could end up getting hurt. People also need to. People also need to do what they think is best for them to do.

• Michael c.

A cielid soud have a home. A cieled souod have fun.those are cilden ritis.

• TONIE

what are you toke abutu.

• Xian L.

Children around the world don’t get many rights. A lot of people still have kids as slave. They can’t make children work!!!

• Dante M.

dear Tonie Nai is right because I never listen to mine and don’t get in trouble (sometimes.)

• julie x

Thank you!!
    You told me about some people don`t go to school
    and some people don`t even go to school too.
    I like what Kerry #47 said because when my mom is still at
    Thai Land,she don`t even go to school and the only what
    they do is work,cook and sleep.
    If all girl and boy get to go to school it will be cool and
    good and to have every body smart and nice.

• shataya

Tonie: What are talking about?

• Isabella G.

Hay Annablla i do agree with what you are saying that everybody like Selina and her bother have the same responcibilities and the same right like each other .

• Eliverta M.

Nai I think children should not disobeyed their parents because they cared for you when you were born.

• carlosm

Nai I think you are wrong becues dicobae .Your perents .

• Diego L.

I thing that kids have rights to have a girl friend to hang around with.

• kawm v.

Ah I think that kids shod meet new friend, like me or other language.

• Jack s.

I think the people who have right should have responsibility. I also think that responsible people are too light on people who have right.

• Vinnie S.

Your right Anna kids should get to do anything they want. Kids are smart not follow bad people . But some kids that are that smart should not get to go.

• Kerry V.

i agree with you annabela. i think that children should be able to do anything they want because they are smart enough to not go into anyone else’s house.

• AhH.

Hay Julie I think that you doing a good job on the writing.

• Alexus H.

I think kids should have rights to drive cars bec ause they can go anywhere they want to go.Also, we can earn money by selling lemonade for a couple of years and save up all of the money that they make.Plus, I have more reasons! O k, let’s see:One is so we can get to school faster.Two, we can go anywhere we like faster,and it will save up time by driving a car instead of walking.Three,so we can not hurt our legs if we go on a hike.

• Augustine p

I agree with Kong because they can have there own rights.

• AlexusHolmes

1.Where were my parents born?
    2.Were my parents married?
    3.Were my grandparents happy when my parents got married?
    4.How were their reactions?
    5.Is my father’s birthday party the same day as mine?

Interesting questions, they may not want to share all the details. Make sure that you find out what details they are comfortable having you share the answers with the class.–Ms. Mercer