52 thoughts on “Changing America Lesson 2: The States

1. I no that california nickname is the Golden state of all the states.And it is the best state.

2. I learned that HAWAII became the 50th state in 1959. Then i learned that it is known as the aloha state.

3. What i learned about my state is that it is a catchy name .And Mississippi comes from and indian word

4. I pick California because it is a good place. I learned that the United State was the third largest state.

5. I have learned that Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands and the capital of Hawaii is Honolulu.

6. I want to go to Mississippi to see all the sea’s and to explore all the different types of birds.I would also go eat at a lot of resturant to tast all different types of foods.

7. I learned about the states that the place where there at is a good place to stay for them.

8. I learned that Hawaii is known as the “Aloha State”.I also learned that Hawaii is often called “Crossroads of the Pacific.

9. I learn that cal is a importe state and that it has so many stores like the black and white store when the t.v was in black in white and there was no color.

10. One thing i learned about Washington is that the capital is Olympia and the Washington territory was formed near the Oregon territory.

11. I learn that California’s nickname is Golden State and California is the third largest state after Alaska and Texas.

12. The state of California has a nickname, it is called golden state. California is a big state. Its capital is Sacramento. California has the highest population of any state in the nation.

13. Today I learned that still today that new york has still the third largest population right next to California.

14. Today i learned that Hawaii is the most popular place to have a vacation.I also learned that there are volcanic islands in Hawaii in the spacific ocean that together became the 50th state in 1959.The colorful hibiscus is the state flower.

15. I learned that Texas is a spanish word.I also learned that Teaxs is the second-largeast state in the union in aera,after Alaska.

16. I learned from Texas is that Texas is a Spanish name and which comes from an Indian word meaning ”friends” or”allies”.

17. Nevada’s names form the Spanish word “snow clad”a reference to the snow covers pecks of Nevada.

18. I learned that Hawaii is a place to relax and a place to enjoy.There are a lot of fun things and exciting things there.

19. I looked up California,and what I learned was that there is a flower called the American Poppies which we are not allowed to pick one or we will go to jail.

20. I learned that states have hot, cold, and cloudy weathers.States are in different shapes and other things.

21. the state that i want to visit calorado because i never been there this age.the reason why i want to go there because it has alot of snow.

22. I have learn that Alaska as a lot of snow and that it is really cold over at Alaska .

23. I learned that Colorado was them 38th state in the U.S. Colorado is the state with the Rocky mountains. Colorado is the coldest state in the U.S. Colorado’s capital is Denver . Am talking about this state because I used to live in the state. It rains a lot and it snows a lot. This state is so pretty and wonderful.

24. I learned that New York after the English took over in 1600’s,the colony was renamed New York.And after the Duke of York.One of the original 13 states to join the Union.