Visit The Wonders Of The Ancient World
We might watch some of these movies in class:
Watch this video.
Watch all these animations (click on California and then “go”)
From “Pacemaker World History”:
Choose five itmes found in your classroom and draw a symbol for each….Once you have determined what each symbol means, create a sentence by putting certain symbols next to each other in a row. Show to a partner to see if he/she can guess what it says.
Play several ancient Egypt games
Learn about Machu Picchu
Watch all these animations (click on California and then “go”). Try the Interactive Review
Watch these two animations
Watch these two animations, too.
Watch this video on the Greek Olympics
Ancient Greek PowerPoint(created by Katie Brown)
Research three Greek Gods and answer the following questions for each one (You will make a poster for each one):
What is his or her name and why did you choose to research this God?
Are they male or female?
What are they the “God of”?
What is a good story about them?
Were they always a God or were they a human once?
Are they a good God or a bad God? Why do you say they are good or bad?
Draw a picture representing the God.
Watch all these animations (click on California and then “go”). Try the Interactive Review.
Watch these three animations.
Watch this video on the Roman Empire
Ancient Music Project:
Research music that was played during ancient times in your home country.
Complete this assignment in the comments section of this post:
1. What instruments were used in your ancient culture?
2. What were the purposes of music in your ancient culture? Was it just for entertainment,or was it for religion and other purposes?
3. Find examples of your ancient culture’s music online and listen to it when you close your eyes. What do you visualize in your mind when you listen to it?
4. After you find a clip of the music being played (YouTube may have examples). Copy and paste the url address of it in the same comments section where you answer the previous questions.
5. Write notes on an index card with the answer to the questions and be prepared to make a short presentation to the class. At the end, click on the link to your ancient culture’s music and play it to the class while they close their eyes. Ask them to write down what they see.
You can find some examples of ancient music here.