Autobiographical Incident Essays

Please type your autobiographical essay in a Word document.

Then, please copy and paste it in the comments section of this post.

Then, use Bookr to turn the first and maybe second paragraph into a slideshow. Leave the url address in the comments section here, too.

20 thoughts on “Autobiographical Incident Essays

1. Neighborhood Shooting
    Chueyeng Thao
    Have you ever been in a situation that fascinated you, but you look back and now it was a scary situation? Three years ago, in 2007, we were about to go to the store. My twin brother, Chuehue sat in the passenger seat, I was in the back seat behind the driver side, while my older brother was seat belting his son into the car seat.
    While he was seat belting his son, we heard loud gunshots. I looked out the back window but didn’t see anything. My brother jumped in the car and closed the door then yelled, “Get down!” I got low, but stood my head up to look out the window, not feeling scared but fascinated. I saw two men each holding a gun running through the intersection so I new at that time I shouldn’t be scared since they weren’t coming our way.
    Looking back at this incident, it affected me by being more secure of my surroundings. This event changed me by the way I see the people in my neighborhood. People I see sometims look like gangsters so I am always aware of what is happening and who is around me.

2. Fishing
    Timothy Heu

Have you ever caught a turtle while fishing? How did it feel? It felt weird because I thought it was actually a big heavy fish.

On a bright sunny morning me and my family went fishing. When we got to a small pond we started to cast our poles. When I casted about twenty times I was hungry. So I casted my pole one more time and went to go get a sandwich. When I came back I saw my fishing pole and it was moving up and down!

I told my dad about it and he said “ It’s nothing.” So I watched my pole for 2-3 minutes and just reeled it in. It was heavy and I got excited. After I saw something green I thought it was seaweed. Then it started to move around. After I reeled it in, I put the weird looking thing on a rock. I went to go touch it and had a hard back. I told my dad and he said “it’s a turtle!”

After it passed 3:00pm we went home. I was happy I caught a turtle. It was a fun sunny day. And if someone tells you it’s nothing, ignore them!

3. A day at the hospital
    Vincent Saechao

We heard crying from the hospital room and we saw the doctor come out and he said “You all can come in”. When we got inside I saw my cousin on the hospital bed holding her new baby.
    I was with my mom, my uncle, grandpa, grandma, sister, aunts, cousins, and my cousin-in-law. It was quiet in the room after the baby was done crying.
    We all had a chance to my cousin’s new baby. I felt happy when I was holding my new baby nephew. After we all held him my grandma handed him to my cousin.
    I am happy that I was there with my family when my nephew was born.

4. Bus accident
    By: Maureen Xiong
    Have you ever felt scared or afraid? Will I did, when my three grandmas were in a bus accident. It was on a Saturday around 9 P.M. we got a phone call from my auntie saying “turn on the TV, grandma and them got into a bus accident on the rode!” said my aunt. After that occurred we saw that the bus that my grandmas were on had crashed and twirled around across the rode and the bus was on the other side of the other side too.
    While we were watching the TV and seeing what was happening to the bus, my mom called my aunt and asked “what hospital are they at?” After she called and found out which hospital they were at, my mom and dad rushed down to the hospital. When they were at the hospital I didn’t know what to think. I thought to myself “what if they don’t survive? Or what if they get paralyzed?”
    The next day my mom and dad told my brother, sisters, and I that our grandmas were in a bus accident and they were all sent to the hospital. One of my grandma was severely hurt because while the bus incident was happening, she got tumbled on top of by people falling off their seats of the bus. She was sent to the U.C Davis hospital.
    All of my grandmas returned home after two days or so because they weren’t severely hurt or anything but they had one or two stitches on either their arms or forehead. My other grandma that got severely hurt stayed there for more than two days. I felt so worried for her, but my mom told me not to be scared or worried, so I wasn’t.
    It was a scary moment for me when the accident occurred. I was really worried and terrified for all of my relatives. After that incident occurred I thought to myself that I shouldn’t be worried or afraid no more because they are all okay now. This inspired me to not worry too much and to think positive and not negative.

5. My roller coaster ride
    Jim Thao
    Have you ever ridden a roller coaster? How did it feel? The feeling of riding a roller coaster is thrilling but to others they think it’s scary.
    As I woke up at 11 am in the morning I found myself hurrying to get dress to go to six flags. My brother-in-law and sister were going to take us. While in the car bored not knowing what time it was till I asked “what time is it?” my brother-in-law replied “we are already there.” I was excited to see that I saw a lot of scary rides that I wanted to try first.
    While there I heard the screams of the people who was screaming at the top of their lungs as the rollercoaster went down fast. I saw a roller coaster made of wood as I thought to myself “should I ride this one first?” I decided I will. As I approached the roller coaster I saw that it was called the Roar. As I climbed into the seat I thought “what if the roller coaster broke since it was made of wood?” that was when I was scared because I did not want to die. But it was too late we was already moving!
    I felt the air go through my hair as we went down. Then I felt as though i couldn’t breathe anymore but it only lasted for about 30sec till I could breathe again. After the ride my brother-in-law asked “how was it?” I said “ it was fun!” and wanted to go for seconds but i wanted to go to the other rides first.
    This feeling I would never forget because I was kind of scared at first. But I felt good that I rode the roller coaster and found out how it felt like. It was a good experience.

6. A Special Holiday
    I heard my family making some very interesting plans for last years Christmas. They were talking about the present they were about to buy, the food and decorations. Christmas is a very important event for my family because is time where we gather around together and celebrate.

My family always plan holidays before the day comes, they said it helps things go well. The celebration was at my house on the 24th of December; my family was all present here3.

The party was going well so far, the delicious food smell so good; the people were looking elegant and cold, too. I tasted yummy tamale and it was awesome. As I greeted my family, I heard Christmas music coming from the leaving room.

When, we finish with the dinner my mother said “ hija could you go pick up the desert from the kitchen so we can give them some” and I replied happy “ Sure mom, do you want the cake or the bread?” she said “ Si mija bring both”. I went to go serve my family.

I felt so happy that, I couldn’t believe spending time with the people you love would change my life forever. It change my life in a way that I spend holidays with family and I enjoy them. There one important part of my lovely life.

The party was pretty fun and interesting talks we had, as my family left I had to clean which I felt very tired at the end. But now that I think of it I feel like it was something I won’t regret(:

7. Boxing match
    Hey, Have you ever fought in front of people? Have you ever had to did something u didn’t want to do in front of people? And you knew you had to win. Well if you have, you experienced facing your fears.

Well I did, it was a boxing tournament in Stockton August 30. I was the type of person that never liked being or doing anything in front of people or my own family. But my father told me this would help all my fears.

So I went for it, I knew it would help me. I was nervous and my stomach felt empty. But I had already trained for a year, so I was ready. All that was going through my head before the fight, was me messing up and loosing, or win and make my coach and father happy.

As I heard my name I stepped into the ring my face red and sweaty, cause of my nervousness.” Ding”. The bell rang, first round he had all the hits, me just blocking. “Ding”. 1st round was up, I was mad.so second round I hit like never before, swing with so much power and anger. “Boom”, I hit him square in the jaw, he fell, I saw he’s eyes looking hypnotized. He did not get up again!

So with all my fears in the way, second round I blanked it all out. And turned into a maniac, After all this I felt like a winner, I was and not afraid to show what I really got.

8. “The day I left the earth”
    By: Francisco Mendoza

-have you ever left the ground and into a plane? Where you ever terrified for your life? Well my answer is yes I was terrified for my life. Getting into a plane was difficult for me. It reminds me of9/11. I thought I was a goner.
    On a dark and early morning in the summer of ’03. I remembered my aunt Lupe in her red glossy van. My mom yelled” Francisco get up or your staying!!!” she said. That day I knew it wasn’t my best day ever.
    As we where about to leave my pops came along. My mom and dad where having a discussion about me going to Mexico. My mom said, “look at him he don’t look so good.” My dad said, “Leave him alone if he’s going to be a man one day let him concur his great’s fears.
    As I heard the airplane coming I was sweeting like crazy. As I swathe plane coming towards me my palms where sweeting. As the doors open I smelled peanuts some how. My stomach was nervous and so was i. I felt like yakking up chunks.
    When we finally got to MEXICO I was relief I was still breathing. I was proud to see my father’s hometown for the first time. Also I was blessed that our plane that we were on didn’t crash into the desert. It took 2 planes to get to MEXICO and a truck to where we needed to go.
    Now I’m not afraid to take a challenge worth your life own and days I want to go to NEW YORK one day

9. The early cold/ warn morning with a smell of boiled hot chicken and cooked rice, awoke me because of a good smell. I also didn’t eat dinner the night before, so I was very hungry. Everyone woke up, had breakfast, then headed to cousin’s house.

When we got there, they were still having breakfast. They told us to join, but we said
    we already had breakfast. Everyone went out and took pictures, then outside to take pictures, then headed off to 6 Flags. It was during the summer of 2008.

When we got there, me, my two brothers, and my sister went on the Medusa Ride. I was on it and I was very scared because it was my first time on a ride. All I heard was people screaming and the wind. I felt the wind rushing through my face and at times, I felt like I was going to fall off.

After the ride, we got off, and my other brothers were waiting in line to get on the ride. My brother that went on the ride with me asked me, “How was it?” I told him, “It was scary. I don’t want to go on anymore rides.” My brother laughed, and asked my other brother. He said about the same thing, which is my twin brother. My brother then told my other brothers and soon everyone heard.

When everyone was finished with the rides, the family and relatives walked around, looked at stuff, ate, drank some cold soda, and watched the little kids go on little rides.

After the day was done and everyone was finished, we all went home and said good bye. Now I feel like next time I wanted to go on even more rides. I learned that it’s actually fun and not scary anymore. These are important, special memories I will remember for the rest of my life.

10. …..have you ever had a family member die?
    One day on Tuesday 11:30p.m 2007 I was falling asleep and my phone ring I was so mad and got up and answer it. And I “said” who is this calling my phone at 11:30p.m in the night .can’t you see I’m trying to sleep when I finally “shut up” the person sound like she was crying.

And I “said” who is this? and the person said it’s me and said me who your sister and said oh. What do you want calling me at 11:30 in the night and she said ad die and I was stop playing like that . she was liken I’m not playing I was like how did he die and she said gun shoots.

She was like went I got the phone call I was mad too and I said the same thing , so do your mom know she no me and you is the only one who know and she said look I have to go tell my mom. Right now so I well see u tomorrow bye and I love u don’t matter what ok.

Well let me tell you how I felt after that I’m a person who love I did know him I always love some people would be like I don’t love him I don’t even know him that could be through but can always forgive and that’s what I learned from this story sometime it’s hard to forgive but you practice I well get easy believe me I now bye.

BY MONIQUE PALACIO
    FORGIVE ALWAYS

11. The time I gotten stiches
    Have you ever been scared for your life? Have you ever had blood gushing from your neck? Have you ever been terrified? I have!!
    When I was younger I went to an amusement park with my aunts and my grandmother for a birthday party. I just knew I was going to have so much fun!
    At first I was enjoying myself raving and speeding with the other cars. I then smelt the rubber from my tires because I was going so fast! I was unstoppable, literally! When the man yelled “STOP!!”. For some strange reason everybody seemed to stop except for me. I pushed down on the brakes so hard I could feel my foot start to throb. I just couldn’t believe I was still going. My brakes weren’t working then “BAMMM!!”, I crashed into the back of the other cars.
    When I was walking away, because my turn was over, I felt a warm sensation on my neck. Normally I wouldn’t have thought about it but it was just something weird because it was also gooey. I asked my grandmother, “Am I bleeding?” “Yes!” she replied in a voice that I new it wasn’t a little scratch. It was that moment when my aunt looked at that gooey feeling on my neck in so much disgust that I knew something had happened and my day at the amusement park was over.
    It was not less than five minutes that we were at the hospital sitting In a room were I would have sergeants come look at my neck and examine me. I was so terrified I felt I was goin to die because I didn’t know what to do , or what was happening in that matter. But honestly I didn’t care I was starving, I hadn’t eaten all day.
    The doctor arrived and I asked “ Can I have something to eat I’m starving!” he replied to me no because I would have to get thirteen layers of stiches in my throat. He explained that the stiches inside my neck would stay there forever but In two weeks i would have my stiches on the outside cut off.
    It was a moment in my life were I was so very afraid , that ill never forget. I gained a better value of respect for doctors and I gained a better view of cautin. Today when I look back I say to myself I was so scary over nothing.

12. Alejandro Sosa
    10/3/10
    Per.3
    Score
    As I awoke in the morning, putting on my gear, hoping we will succeed in our match. As a lay a foot on the grassy field, I looked up at the blue sky, and wondered, how our game will go. When I had arrived at the game I was worried, wondering how the game will go, but throughout the game I noticed, there’s nothing to worry about.

And as the match progresses, I decide it’s my day to make a goal, as I ran the ball and prepared to shoot, I soon found myself on the floor. Soon after I hear a whistle blow, see a yellow card go into the air, and everyone saying, “Take it Alex!” and I reply, “okay.” As I prepare to shoot once again, I look at the ball, then the goalie, I take a breath in and then let it out, and as I hear everyone shouting I take my shot. As we soon leave the game, I leave without forgetting where I had made my first goal.

13. Spanish for Ivan

As I layed down on my bed, I ignored my nephews awfully loud cries, stomping on the floor for wanting coffe. So I decide to tease him a little bit.

I asked him Ivan what does “comer” mean? He responds back saying “tia it means to eat”. I was so amazed because he responded back to me with a correct answer.
    The more he wanted coffe made him want to do anything for it, even speak his 3rd language.

Now that I look back at it, it makes me feel so proud of him because he spoke to me in Spanish and he says he hates it.

This was an important incident in my life because my nephew is starting to learn more and more of who he is and should be proud of. He’s only 4 and gots more to learn about.

14. The Volleyball Fair
    I hear the birds chirping and the sunlight hit my face. I open my eyes and I knew it was morning already. But, I was so tired from practicing my volleyball skills for my brother’s volleyball fair. I pulled the blanket over my head and went back to sleep. But, my brother came running and jumped on my bed, yelling and screaming, “Wake up, wake up, it’s Saturday and, are you ready for the fair today!?” I told him to be quiet and he pulled the blanket off. I was mad at him and I just get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and get dressed.
    After that I looked at the clock and it was seven o’ clock straight, and I was like okay why do we have to get up so early. Then, I realized that we’re having the volleyball fair at my house. But, I don’t really care. I helped my brothers and sisters set up things. My older sister, me, and my younger sister we went to the store to buy water, food, and stuffs.
    The fair start at 12 pm to anytime at night. We invited cousins, family members, and friends to the volleyball fair. The fair isn’t that big but its okay. At two pm we start playing volleyball. We vs. our cousins. I was scared at first, that we might lose or whatever I was thinking. In my group, my brothers are in there, my sisters, my two nephew, and my two niece. In the other team there was Chang, Tou, Prince, Seng, Maria, Mai Nou, Lucy, Steve, Steven, Rich, and U.G.
    We were battling and I got a little bit used to this volleyball thing. But, I was only afraid that the ball might hit me or I might hit others with the ball. It was a fun game though. At, first they told me to serve the ball, I was scared, and I was thinking to myself that I might make a mistake, or I might not make it over the net, but I don’t really care and just serve the ball. I was serving the ball a couple of times and got used to serving the ball a little bit.
    Nobody wins, nobody lose, we’re just playing for fun. After the game, I smell the barbeque we’re having, and I was so thirsty that I told my sister that I could drink a whole gallon of water already and she’s like,” I dare you.” I just roll my eyes and laugh. But, I have a great day.
    Maybe winning doesn’t matter, what matters the most is to have fun and enjoy your time playing with your friends, family members or cousins. You don’t always have to win. Winning means nothing (to me). But I’m different so, yeah it’s on you though, make the right decisions.

15. “My Breakdancing Life”

The loud screaming of my mom woke everyone up in the house. I quickly got dressed and said “Okay i’m ready so stop screaming.” After I got ready I took my ipod touch so we can listen to musics.

I was at home and was about to go to my friends house, like ten blocks away from my house. Once I got there, all of my friends was already there and we started to shake hands and breakdance. While I was there we heard next door neighbor started to complain because our musics was too loud so we turned it off lower.

When i was breakdancing we heard a loud screaming of joy because my friend learned a new breakdance move. I was so happy and so tired, but than very determined cause my friend was getting very good.

I feel great and very happy . I learned that if we all work together and pratice together we can be better. It is an important incident in my life because this is what i like to do and i am proud of myself that i can motivate people into dancing like me.

16. The time I gotten stiches

17. .have you ever had a family member die?

18. The Merry-Go-Around

I heard the voice of people talking as I wonder around. I saw beautiful clothings being display in the glass windows of the stores, and I can smell the fresh Kungpao chicken as they sizzled on the hot pan. The thought of it made my mouth water, oh how I wish I can just get one piece and sink my teeth into it. As I was drinking my mocha and have been walking around for fifteen minutes with my mom and my sister, I stood shock in my place, in front of a large and fascinating object, the Merry-Go-Around .

The Merry-Go-Around was located right in the second floor and on the right where I still stood fascinating by the unicorns and horses going round and round. I can hear little kids, about my age screaming, shouting, and crying to their parents pleading to let them ride it. So engage in there determination that it makes me want to ask my mom. Oh how I wish I can be one of the kid sitting on the back of the horses smiling to my parents, but I know there is no time for me.

By now my eyes were tightly fixed on the Merry-Go-Around that I did not notice that my mom and my sister were slowly walking away not noticing that they are leaving me behind. As they trail off, the last murmur I heard was,” Let’s go Kathy.” A few seconds later, as I consciously return to reality, I quickly scan the crowds of people with my eyes looking for my mom and my sister, they were no where to be found. As I press forward searching from stores to stores and calling their names first by their real names and then their personal names use at home, still no voice answer. After pacing back and forth, I slowly sat down on a bench listening to the cry of my heart, wondering if my mom and my sister were also looking for me. Suddenly, I heard a voice that I recognize; the voice belongs to my sister. I quickly look over my shoulder , and saw my sister standing next to my mom. As they start waliking towards me, without any hesitation, I burst into tears and ran to my mom and throw my arm around her. After our little family reunion, we stop shopping because of my tears of joy, therefore we left for home.

Since that day forward I have learn to never let anything get the best of me, even though it is something I desire the most. I will always ask my mom and my sister to seek it with me if I wanted it.

19. Have you ever been to San Francisco? Have you ever seen the ocean? Have you ever gone fishing in the ocean? I HAVE!!
    I still remember the day my dad and I, and my grandpa went to San Francisco (Bay area) to go fishing for sturgeons, salmon, and catfish. It the first time I got to see the ocean in person, and I finally got to ride the sting ray boat that my grandpa Brought from San Diego customs (west coast customs).
    We rode so smooth on the greenish blue waters of the ocean it started to seem like we were hovering over air. As we were riding I seen a gray dorso fin sticking out of the water and the first thing I yelled, “SHARK! SHARK! SHARK!” Instantly a gray blob jumped out of the water and two more after that. “Those are actually dolphins” replied my dad.
    So finally we stopped and set up our poles. “What bate are we using?” I asked my dad. He replied chicken liver, earth worms, and blood worms. YUKKY! So I hooked my worm and casted my pole, then after fifteen minutes, w o w! The fish were tipping on my pole. I caught a big fat juicy Sturgeon. I was so happy and exited that I didn’t know what to do I was just so proud of myself. YIPPIE!!
    That was the time i went to San Francisco with my dad and my gramps. It was the time of my life.