Exploring Possible Careers

Use the following links to learn about the possible careers that you and your parents have said might be in your future.  Please try these links first.  If you can’t find the information you need there, then search for other sites.

Answer four questions for each career. You only have to write an a sentence or two in response to each question. Share the answers in the comments section. When you do, first list the career and then the answers underneath.

1) What kind of education is required to get this job?

2) What do you do in this job?

3) What is the salary range for the job?

4) Why are you interested in this job?

You can research using these sites.  Some of them also include questions you can answer to help you find other careers that might be good for you:

California Career Zone

Interest Assessment

I Want To Find A Career

Job Outlook

Salary Zone

Salary

BioWorksU

Mindopia

15 thoughts on “Exploring Possible Careers

1. Did Katrina damage all of of Loisiana? some parts it did.

How long did it take people to evacuate? some people evacute in few seconds.

Why is voodoo use in New Oleans? It is used in New Orleans because its an African Culture. Is new orleans still violent? not after hurricane Katrina hit.

2. Athlete and sports competitor

require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, an associate’s or bachelor’s degree could be needed.
    Compete in athletic events.
    $18,284 for entry level workers, and $118,212 for experienced workers.
    I am interested in this job because i am very atheletic and i love sports.

3. Fast Food Cook.

Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant. A high school diploma or GED certificate. Some may require a formal training course to obtain a license. $15,943 for entry level workers, and $18,400 for experienced workers. I am interested in this job because I know how to cook.

4. Interior Designer
    *what kind of education is required to get this job?
    -an associates degree, some may require a bachelor’s degree, or sometimes just training
    *what do you do in this job?
    -plan and design planes, houses, boats, trains, and etc.
    some sells merchandise,estimate material costs of artwork, furnishings, and accessories and etc.
    *what is the salary?
    -34,297 entry level workers
    68,552 experienced workers
    *why are you interested in this job?
    -because, I’m really interested in planning and designing houses, and many other things.

Music director
    – a four-year bachelor’s degree, some do not. others just need training
    *what do you do in this job?
    -making music, maybe even lyrics, involves working with forms, designs and patterns.
    *what is the salary?
    -there really isn’t a wage available right now.
    *why are you interested in this job?
    -I’m really interested in this career because, in the music your able to express your self, also love music, so it would be great to do something I’m interested in.it’s also very FUN!

5. 1.)2 or 4 yers in colleg 2.)design clothing and accessories.create original garment ordesign garment that follow well established fashion trends may develop the line of color and kind of materials 3.)$36,434 level workers and $87,539 experienced 4.)i love fashoin and i think im good at it

6. Veterinarian
    What kind of education is required to get this job?
    A bachelor’s degree.
    What do you do in this job?
    You help out animals that are hurt of sick.
    What is the salary range for this job?
    $62k-120k
    Why are you interested in this job?
    I like animals and wouldn’t mind working with them.

Game Designer
    A Bachelor’s in Visual Communication or a Certification from a Digital Design School.
    What do you do in this job?
    you come up with new ideas for games and design them.
    What is the Salary range for this job?
    $67k-100k
    Why are you interested in this job?
    Well I play games of course and it might be something that I will love to do as a job.

Foreign Language Teacher
    What kind of education is required to get this job/
    A Bachelor’s Degree
    What do you do in this job?
    You teach students how to speak and right in another language as well as teaching them about that language.
    What is the salary range for this job?
    N/A
    Why are you interested in this job?
    Its seems like a nice job being able to teach other people how to speak another language.

7. 1) What kind of education is required to get this job?
    -A bachelor’s degree is the minimum formal education required
    2) What do you do in this job?
    -Compound and dispense medications following prescriptions issued by physicians, dentists, or other authorized medical practitioners.
    -$89,294 for entry level workers, and $119,740 for experienced workers.
    4) Why are you interested in this job?
    -I’m interested in this job because it looks fun and its something i would enjoy doing.

8. Make-up artist:

These occupations usually require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, Have to have a bachelor’s degree or could be needed.
    Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees.
    2) What do you do in this job?
    Apply makeup to performers to reflect period, setting, and situation of their role
    In 2007, the California average annual wage was:

$17,244 for entry level workers, and $52,300 for experienced workers.
    4) Why are you interested in this job?
    I’m interested in this job because it is interesting to fix people make up and make them love how the way they look, Fashion design is also my other job that I like, Because finding a perfect outfit to for a person to wear and a beautiful make over is cool. AHAHA

9. ARCHITECT
    Require training in vocational schools or an associate’s degree.
    2) What do you do in this job?
    Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
    $33,368 for entry level workers, and $58,858 for experienced workers.
    4) Why are you interested in this job?
    Because , I enjoy designing and building structures.

PHARMACIST
    A bachelor’s degree is the minimum formal education required for these occupations.they may require a master’s degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
    2) What do you do in this job?
    Compound and dispense medications following prescriptions issued by physicians, dentists, or other authorized medical practitioners.
    $89,294 for entry level workers, and $119,740 for experienced workers.
    4) Why are you interested in this job?
    I chose this job , because I would like to try it.

DESIGNER
    1) What kind of education is required to get this job. Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate’s degree. Some may require a bachelor’s degree.
    2) What do you do in this job?
    Design clothing and accessories. Create original garments or design garments that follow well established fashion trends. May develop the line of color and kinds of materials.
    $36,434 for entry level workers, and $87,539 for experienced workers.
    4) Why are you interested in this job?
    I would like to try designing as one of my careers because , I would love to design clothes and also just try it for fun.

10. Q-1:What kind of education is required to get this job?
    A-1:Nursing usually require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, an associate’s or bachelor’s degree could be needed. Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees.

Q-2: What do you do in this job?
    A-2:Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.

Q-3: What is the salary range for the job?
    A-3:$19,929 for entry level workers, and $29,222 for experienced workers.

Q-4: Why are you interested in this job?
    A-4:Because ever since I was a little girl I wanted t be a nurse, also because my brother wants t be a Doctor so I decided I want to be a nurse that is why I am interested in being a nurse.
    🙂 Oh Yeah!!!!

11. Marine Engineers
    Q:What kind of education is require to get this job?
    A:Some require 4 years bachelor’s degree.
    Q:What do you do in this job?
    A:Design, develop, and take responsibility for the installation of ship machinery and related equipment including propulsion machines and power supply systems.
    Q:What is the salary range for the job?
    A:$53,913 for entry level workers, and $84,958 for experienced workers.
    Q:Why are you interested in this job?
    A:I’m interested in it because I want to learn how to design a ship.

12. Medical and health service
    (1)Q: What kind of education is required to get this job?
    A: A bachelor’s degree is the minimum formal education required for these occupations.
    (2) Q: What do you do in this job?
    A: Plan, direct, or coordinate medicine and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, public health agencies, or similar organizations.
    (3) Q: What is the salary range for the job?
    A: $57,401 for entry level workers.

(4) Q: Why are you interested in this job?
    A: I want this job because it cares for people and I like helping out, also I want to earn a lot of money.

13. Lawyer:
    • You need a bachelor’s degree, many also require graduate school. For example, they may require a master’s degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
    • You examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit. Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
    • In 2007, the California average annual wage was: $77,968 for entry level workers and $166,467 for experienced workers.
    • I am interested in this job because they get paid well and because….
    Crime scene investigator:
    • Require a four – year bachelor’s degree, some do not. Employees in these occupations usually need.
    • Compare crime scene fingerprints with those from suspects or fingerprint files to identify perpetrators, using computers. several years of work, related experience, on-the-job training, an
    • In 2007, the California average annual wage was: 53,725 for entry level workers and $87,470 for experienced workers.
    • I am interested in knowing more about this job and to be able to experience this.
    Pediatrician:
    • A bachelor’s degree is the minimum formal education required. Many also require graduate school. For example, they may require a master’s degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
    pediatrician:
    • A pediatrician can diagnose, treat, and help prevent children’s diseases and injuries
    • In 2007, the California average annual wage was: $98,018 for entry level workers and $180,570 for experienced workers.
    • I am interested in this job because I do good with kids and I would like to help them

14. LAWYER
    A bachelor’s degree is the minimum formal education required for these occupations. However, many also require graduate school.

2) What do you do in this job?
    Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
    Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
    Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
    Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.

77,968 for entry level workers, and $166,467 for experienced workers.

4) Why are you interested in this job?
    Because they make a lot of money. 😀

15. 1.Crime scene investigation:
    •Require a four-year bachelor’s degree, need several years of work-related experience,
    •A crime scene investigator will have handle violent crime such as sexual assault, home invasion, armed robbery or homicide has been reported. Crime scene investigators are part of the team that attends crime scenes, along with police or military officers and medical personnel. Their job is to gather human and physical evidence, with the goal of determining the victim of the crime, when and how it took place, and who the perpetrator was.
    •Crime scene investigators received around $30,990, while the highest paid 10 percent earned $80,330 as of May 2008.
    •I’m interested in this job because crime scene investigators career provides individuals with both an intellectual challenge as well as an exciting day to day job environment.
    2. Pediatrician:
    •Require the 4 year level; a person interested in becoming a pediatrician would follow a “pre-med” program while majoring in one of the Sciences (organic chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, and physics.) In your junior year of college, you would take the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) and apply to a Medical School where you would later choose your specialist of Pediatrics.
    •A pediatrician provides complete health care for infants, children, adolescents and young adults into the early 20s. Formerly known as “baby doctors.
    •Depending on the are a pediatrician specialty, it may be anywhere from 60,000 to 400,000 a year.
    •I’m interested in becoming a pediatrician because pediatrician has a big impact on the health of children that stretch all the way into their adult lives.
    3. Computer Technician:
    •There are two options: community college or university. The quality of the education you select is critical to your ability to become a computer technician. This type of job requires a significant level of expertise in very detailed technology.
    •A computer technician who specializes in repair is usually trained in the general hardware structure, the way the components work together and diagnostics. In order to work in this field, most people have taken a short course in computer hardware, which is called the A+ Certification.

It depends on where you want to work.
    •Small Companies $30,000-$35,000 a year
    •Medium Companies $45,000-$50,000
    •Large Companies $60,000+
    •I’m interested in becoming a computer technician because computer technician design and implementation of large computer networks.