Week 22: Persuasive Speeches

This week I will give you an opportunity to research on your speech topic and get information and facts to make your speech more effective.

1. Please research your topic and get at least three facts about it — send me a comment with what you found out and tell me where you got your information;
  2. Write a post for your blog, or leave a comment on someone else’s blog;
  3. Go to the unit links at the (all links except for May Dos).

13 thoughts on “Week 22: Persuasive Speeches

1. 1.there is no planed movie for warriors
    2.there is a website and an ios app for warriors
    3.has been new york times best seller
    4.there are 45 books and more are being made
    5.the author is erin hunter

2. War,and nuclear pollution (or detonation) is bad for the Earth because pollution can ruin the air.
    War is fighting over something worth nothing by killing thousands of people.

3. another way to make sure that kids don’t get hurt is that we enforce the safety rules that are already made.Like always staying on the safe side.

4. The 49ers almost one. They lost the Superbowl again. The only reason the 49ers lost to the Ravens is because a Ravens player named Joe Flacco who made an illegal tackle.

5. My speech is about not banning guns my three facts are to convince people that we need guns.1 A way to stop gun violence is every one should have a licence. Another fact is that when kids get ahold of guns that is the parents fault they did not lock the safe mabey we can make a safe that is high of the ground so the small children can’t get in.The last fact is the most important guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

6. I love animals and it kills me when I see them suffering.I want animal fur to be banned because it is terrible.The raccoon dog was on the news because there were cameras in china and they recorded these men skinning the animals alive I hate this I hate that America is like this.But good thing its banned in other places like Russia.The laws should be more stricter also one last fact is that the raccoon can not be used because of abuse but everyone and the people who are in charge of the laws are trying so hang tight animals.And Ms.Mercer sorry I write a lot and i m really upset this happens.

7. My topic is why are people so cruel to others. I found that they act like that because of life and what been going on in life. Also they think it can make them stand out and be the best out of the rest. Most of this happen in school and we think its solve but it still going on.

8. I changed my topic to gun violence.One thing i found out about gun violence is that it mainly happens in poor area’s .Another thing is that it also happens in riots.The third thing is that it is 12% likely to happen in California.

9. Do you know if we keep doing what were doing we will lose 1/2 of our worlds population of animals either slaughtered or murdered for fun. People who wear fur are dead to me. Totally against this. Were humans not murderers. Were humans not selfish beings that watch a whole species get decimated. What if we were that poor animal being skinned alive hmmm if you don’t want it done to you DONT DO IT TO ANY LIVING THING because it has feelings to.GOD HUMANS ARE BETTER THAN THIS

10. . The robber of the Metro Pcs was shot and killed out of self-defense, and the store owner will not be charged for murder or possession of gun
    . Oscar Pistorius isn’t going to be charged with murder after claiming he thought is was an intruder
    . President Barack Obama signed a document to toughen up gun laws