Welcome to our “Growth Mindset” class website

From this site, we will post our ideas, comment, question, and respond as a community of learners. Through our discussion and inquiry, we will foster the growth mindset.

3 thoughts on “Welcome to our “Growth Mindset” class website

1. Kids around the world that die every day from starvation. I see mothers and fathers worries about how they will feed their kids, I hear kids cry because they are hungry, and I feel their struggle because it’s all around me. World hunger is ignored like time when there’s nothing to do, world hunger is cancer with no cure.

Now is the time to play your part to stop this epidemic, now is the time to give to people that are less fortunate, and now is the time to teach your children to give rather than receive.

“Like the great William D Daronce said The future may well lie in adapting the cropping system to environmental diversity, making the most of the different natural resource endowments of different agro-ecological zones – rather than using costly inputs to change the environment.
    I have a dream that one day I will turn on the television and not hear about kids dying of starvation, I have a dream that people across the world will stand together to help stop world hunger. IHAVE A DREAM that everyone will eat not only me and my family.

2. Dear Jeremy Rifkin,

On your extent to teach us and educate us about how to be more conserving and show our sympathy for all animals, I agree with Rifkin and your points of views such as when Rifkin quoted “They feel pain, suffer, and experience stress, affection, excitement, and even love-and these findings are changing how we view animals.” In other words, Rifkin strongly believe that feeling and emotions could affect all sorts of animals. What he stated above is correct because were not the only living species that have feelings and understanding here on this planet we called earth. I agree because I had my own experience with animals before which bases my ideas similar to Rifkin suggested in the topic. I raised animals all my life and I know what they expect in return, a little kindness and some love to make them feel content with you.
    We need to make sure that all animals are treated equally because we solemnly depend on them for our food, researching, studying, examining, test subjects, and to harness their nature within. The aftermath effect could help prosper a better community for all of us, including the animals we share our home with. If we destroyed them and their natural habitat, we may never get to see how they grow and evolve by being handed by us humans. That is why some animals went extinct, due to human mass killing and habitat loss. Do we need more animals to go extinct? For example, the Panda bear, all species of the rhinoceros, elephants, Polar Bears, Gorillas, Tigers, California Condor, Coelacanth, and the rare Red Wolves are all endanger due to the fact that some us don’t really care and think about. I’m not saying that we should go out into the wild and try to catch them, harness them, follow commands or teach them, but to help preserve them into the future of one day learning and studying them further into history.
    In Bob Stevens view, “He wants animals to have more rights than humans.” I think Bob Stevens is overlooked on what he said in his letter because Rifkin is just simply saying for us to care and treat animals better for the benefit of our sake since we need, study, and research them. Without them, what would we be here on earth? Rifkin not simply just giving them rights, he is also stating that by keeping animals safe and nurturing animals, we can learn a lot from them therefore giving us a broader view of creatures we share our planet with according to Rifkin view, “The current studies open up a new phrase, allowing us to expand and deepen our empathy to include the broader community of creatures with whom we share earth.”

Sincerely,
    Kenneth Vang

3. although many police officers think civilians that film them is considered anti police, i believed that we have the right to record them because sometimes they abuse their authority and file fake lawsuits against people.