What Would You Have Done?

Three years ago,  forty climbers at Mount Everest saw a man dying and passed him by without trying to help him.   They thought that reaching the top was more important.

Please read a newspaper story about it here and then answer the questions:  If you were a climber and saw someone dying, what would you do?  Why?

14 Comments »

1. Diego Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:02 pm      Reply

i would have helped the person instead of climbing the mountian because they probably woudnt have made it to the top anyways.

2. Arthur Vue Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:02 pm      Reply

It would really depend on the situation that I’m in. If I was in good condition and there was nothing that would seem to become a threat such as a storm, avalanche, or other things that would put my life in danger then yes I would help out a dying climber because he/she might have a family at home waiting wait for him/her.

3. Felipe L. Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:03 pm      Reply

I would figure out a way to help the guy out and see what’s wrong with the person.

4. Felipe L. Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:04 pm      Reply

And I would forget about the climb.

5. ker Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:08 pm      Reply

If I were a climb saw someone drying, I will help she/he it I not I’m mean. Help a person is important for me because I save someone life.

6. Dshaune F Said,

April 23, 2010@ 5:51 pm      Reply

if i was on mount everest and seen someone dying i would stop and make sure he got some help just dont leave there to die. i feel this way because like if you were dying would yhu want someone to just leave you there to die.

7. Houa Lor Said,

April 23, 2010@ 6:54 pm      Reply

If I was a climb and seem someone dying i would help he/her to be alive because i think that he/her family will wait for he/her to come home.Just like my family wait for me to come home and have dinner together.

8. ernesto Said,

April 30, 2010@ 4:37 pm      Reply

9. brenda Said,

April 30, 2010@ 4:50 pm      Reply

i would of helped the person because, i wouldn’t liked if i was dying and somebody just passed by with out helping me

10. Meuy Said,

April 30, 2010@ 4:53 pm      Reply

If i were the climber and saw someone dying I would try my best to help the person out because it’s always nice to lend a hand.

11. Sheryl Said,

May 8, 2010@ 9:46 pm      Reply

If i were the climber and saw someone dying I would try my best to help them reason beinghelping people in the simplest way, everyday, is always worth it.

12. MENDOZA,F Said,

April 8, 2011@ 5:20 pm      Reply

i would have done the same because helping a man whose about to die gives me 2 things. 1 is that it would scare me because that would be me next. and 2nd would be that i went to MT. EVEREST to climb not to help other people of what the mistakes they did….

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI