14 thoughts on “Write Your Auto-I Essay

1. Refugee Camp at Thailand

Have you ever felt like someone took your freedom? Back in the Camp, when I was 13 year old, the Thai soldiers pull bar wire around the camp and it make me feel like I was in prison.
    The camp is in Thailand I heard people say the Thai soldiers so bad. It true look what I saw, I was saw soldiers beat Hmong people for no reason and our didn’t nothing to soldiers. If you say a word the soldiers just took you to jail. If you out of camp that not has pass or formation to out, if they see you they took you to jail. I felt mad and angry, because they took our freedom.
    All things Thai in Thailand it make I learn more about respect people and I think it a good choose to all Hmong people to came to U.S.A. some people in camp are poor, but when they came to U.S.A. they work hard them they become rich, it a better way to learn English

2. Tien sam
    10/26/10
    Period: 4

Past: My first walk and speak

Do you still remember when you were a baby where you first walk and talk? Well I did it started in Vietnam somewhere in Vietnam somewhere at my grandma house. I hear people laughing and talking. I saw beautiful nice picture. Inside the house I smell my mom cooking it was delicious. I also saw TV, food, toys and a lot of things. First, in afternoon my grandma told my mom I need to learn to walk before I got older I was nervous and scare that I will break my bone. “Up up up “my mom say in Chinese. I feel that I don’t want t Tien Sam
    o walk no more but my mom keep on yelling at me so I get up and try a few step then I fall. A few hour I get back on my feet and I was getting better and better, at first I thought I would break my bones but I didn’t and I was happy back then. The second day my parent try to teach me to talk I remember my first word was “mom and dad” ahahaahh…so a few hour I learn a little bit of words. my family was really proud of me.when I getting older I learn that when you scared and afraid not to do anything you have to do something about it and not hold back because if you don’t then you never learn and it would keep on bothering you…lame story -__-

3. My first time go to American school

I coming to the school first day, when I 17 years old. Have wood making I go to there, everything is different, I feel very nervous.

My school name is Luther Burbank high school. There have a lot different class and people. I think the P.E class is very big.

I remember the first time I walked into school, I entered the class room. I don’t know how to do, the teacher asked me: “you are new student?” I don’t understand said: “I don’t know”. The teacher continued: “what is your name?” I was very nervous, but asked my name I know I told the teacher said: “my name is jian.” He asked me many questions at the results I’m afraid. Would now like to I think I used it very funny.

The first day I feel very nervous and scary. Because I don’t have good English.

I think of what to waste about what pervious. I learned of this incident do not meet to calm tensor treatment in my learning process slowly changes.

4. My first day of school Bee xiong
    How do you feel when your first day of school?
    If you don’t know how to speak English when my first day of school, I was shy and I don’t understand English and I don’t know any friend.
    The school I go to was by the park, I was shy in class. I saw the people I don’t know and I scared the people i don’t know. The student talk to me but I didn’t answer because I don’t understand what they are say to me.
    At that time I felt sad, shy, and scared all of that happen to me because I don’t know English. Now I feel happy to myself because now I understand English much more from the past. I learn how to speak and write.

5. YongQuan He
    10/26/10
    My breathtaking camping trip

Have you been a breathtaking camping trip? When I was 13 years old, I planed to go to a breathtaking camping trip with my best friends. We would leave home for a few days because there is very far away of our home. In my plan, we would cook, sleep, and eating at outdoor, but the main target that was took some environment picture or animal picture.
    In my country has a big mountain. There beautiful landscape, the water is clear as you can see rock at the bottom of the river, if you want you can drink the cool water. The lake is big as the sea as you can’t see the opposite side. In the lake have a lot of fishes were swimming like the people dancing. Look up over your head; you would see a big clear blue sky also the sky reflects at the surface of the lake. In the forest of the mountain of the air are flash by the nose when you smell.
    In the mountain there were happened many excited and sad things. That first thing was we did make a campground for rest and sleep. So we found a place that was nest to the lake and build our campground with tent. And we lay our stuff in the tent. Then we go to start our mission. “Let me and Hu go to find and you two go to find the birds,” I said. Hu and I went to the southern of the mountain to find the plate that was the pine and the magnolia. While we found the birds that in our mind, we felt very happy and excited. But at this moment something bad that was happening, “Li was fall down from about three meters high tree, come to my side, quickly!” Wu yelling. Then I was running very fast with Hu to their side, also made a phone called with a emergency phone number 110. “We need some people to help,” I shout. At this moment, I felt very scared, nervous because I thought did I would lose my friend?
    During this experience I learned many things. In the forest out outdoor, we must be go with a team because this will more safety for the activity, this is that experience tells me. I feel very sorry for about last camping situation, because that was my planning and if I was stay with them, I wouldn’t support their behavior for the mission. So at the next time, I will take more friends to go with and no dangerous anymore.

6. Xeng Yang
    Period: 4, 5
    Date: 10/28/2010
    My first day of school in the U.S.A

Have you ever wanted to learn a new language to help you do something in a different country? I still remembered when we just got here in the U.S.A and I didn’t know any English but my parents wanted me to go to school to learn English so I can find a job to help with the family financial. On my first day going to school, the woman at the front office said, “Hi! May I help you,” then my aunt said, “Yes, I want to enroll my nephew here.” The woman said, “What is his name?” My aunt said,” His name is Xeng Yang.
    After a few hour the woman took me to my class, I was nervous, scared, embarrassed because I never ever been to a America school before. When we got to my class the teacher in the office said,” this is your class Xeng”! I am more nervous and scared because I think that I look very young the students inside the class will laugh at me. When I goes in my class, my teacher asks me to stand in front of the class and told the students my name.
    When I got to the front my teacher told me to speak I don’t know what she is saying. I was scared then my teacher said,” Its okay students I will tell you guys his name, his name is Xeng Yang and his our new student in our class.” Then my teacher told me to go back and find any chair to sit, the chairs was small and old and the tables, desks was big and large. When my teacher said that,’’ we’re going to read a story,’’ she ask me that do I know how to read in English, I didn’t know what she saying, I didn’t answer her because I don’t understand what she is talking about. I begin to cry a little, and then my teacher said,” Don’t worry, I will help you.”
    When we were about to leave my teacher said to me that I need to read so it will help my English. Some students came and talk to me, they said, “what’s your name, in Hmong, and then I answer,” My name is Xeng Yang.” They said they want to be friend with me, I said to them that”OK!” When the other day of school, my friends and I we were running and playing, then I got trip by something, and I fall and broke my left arm. Then ambulance came and took me to the hospital. My parent was worried about me. The thing I remember is that the doctor and nurse told me that,” close your eyes,” then when I waked up the y already fixed my arm. When I got home, my mom was happy because I was OK.

7. Ger Her
    10/28/2010
    Period: 4, 5
    My family

How do you feel when you moved to a new different country? I feel excited to see the new country, but at the same time I feel nervous because I don’t know the language. When I went outside and play soccer, some people always said, “Hi,” to me, but I don’t know what they saying.
    When I got here my cousin came and picked us up. They prepared big meal for us. There were a lot of foods. There were a lot of people came and gave us stuffs. The second day mu cousin and I went to the park. There were of people and cars. We buy some ice scream.
    I was so excited because I have never seen a beautiful house and room. The backyard was beautiful and it has pretty green grass. All the roads are not dirt like in Thailand. When my cousin takes me to school I feel scared because I have never talked in English. The teacher said, “Hi,” to me, but I didn’t say anything. She takes me to my sit and gave me a paper. She said,” Write your name here.” I don’t know what she says, but I just shake my head. I don’t know what to do with the paper. I saw the girl next to me is writing her mane on the paper than I just copy her name than I erase the name.
    I feel nervous when people talking to me, but I don’t know to answer. I feel sad because there were no one talking in Hmong to me. I don’t even know what they talking about.
    I feel happy now because I know a little English I know a lot of friends. Right now I can talk to the teacher and the friend in English a little. Also I feel a little sad because I can’t see all my friends and cousin in Thailand anymore.

8. Bryan Ballesteros
    Period 4&5

MY EXPERIENCE IN THE FLOOD

Have you ever done something you didn’t want to experience? Because I experience the flood in our country I don’t want to experience that again. When I was forth-teen I experience the flood in the Philippines, I’m so scared.
    Last year 2009 I was in Dagupan city in Philippines, I’m in the house of my aunt. I heard the rain falling like and I heard the dog barking and the swan was making noise. I felt the cool of the wind on my skin. The people here are my aunt, my uncle, my grandma, my 3 cousin and our neighbor.
    At that time I was sleeping and I heard the rain falling and my aunt said “Bryan wake up,” I wake. I said to my aunt “why! What happened?” my aunt said “there is a flood out side the house,” I said “what!!!” Then I go out side the house and I saw the water and I saw my uncle transferring our pet on our neighbor house that have 2floor that house have no roofing. Then me and my aunt putting the electronic machine on the top of the table and our clothes we put on the top of the cabinet so that the water don’t touch our clothes and the electronic machine when we, finish putting all the stuff we go to our neighbor house that have 2floor but no roofing no one is there. I saw our other neighbor going on that house. My uncle calls his cousin to rescue us. Then a few hours I saw the rescuer with their boat then they get us and we go to the main city of our city we go to the hotel and we stay there a few days.
    I felt scared at that time because I saw the big water going up and the water was going fast.
    I learned that we have only one life in our life so that I thanks to god that he save us at that day, then I don’t want to experience that again. I learned how to help my cousin, my aunt, my uncle and our neighbor and I learned how to be a one group at that time like a team.

Writing by: Bryan Ballesteros……

9. Chong Chang
    October 21, 2010
    Period 4-5
    My Feeling in the U.S.A
    Have you ever been to a new country and how do you felt? I was born in Thailand. In 2005, my family came to the U.S.A. The first day I went to the U.S.A school. A white man came to my house. He said something to me. It make I’m felt kina scare and I don’t even know what does he talking about.
    When my family and I arrived in the U.S. airport, I saw lots of different things and many different people that I hadn’t ever seen it before, such as huge buildings, cars, truck, American, African American, Asian and etc. “Oh! Looked over there, it’s our aunt Ma.” My dad yelled. Aunt Ma took us home. We live with her family almost like four or five month. Aunt Ma house kina small, it’s had three bedrooms, and two living rooms. Aunt Ma family was not lots of people like my family; my family has fifth teen people
    My family moved to a new house. I went to school. I’m 5th grade and it was my first day of school. When the bell ring, I went to my classroom, I set at my chair that the teacher assigns me to. “Tell me three things about you,” asked the teacher. Everyone was silence and looked at me, it makes I felt nervous, and shy and my face turn red. “She can’t speak English,” a Hmong student said.
    On Saturday, a white man came to my house. He knots the door. I went to the door and open it. “Hello!” said the white man. He says something to me. I felt kina scare and I don’t even know what he says. I said, “I don’t speak English.” He looks at me, he said, “Ok! Thanks!” so he went always.
    I learned how different when I came to a new country and went to a school that I don’t know their language. I also learned the different between the U.S. and Thailand. This incident taught me lots of things. For example, this incident taught me how hard when I came to the U.S. and how do I felt. This incident make me realized that its not only I am was the only person that cant speak English and it also make I know that everyone that escape to the U.S. like me , I think maybe we all might had the same problem or feeling such as speak English, lonely, shyest, etc. As I reflect I felt like I still want to go back to the place that my mom give me a birth. I also still felt sad that I can’t speak English very well and clearly and don’t know enough English.

10. Tong Chang
    10/19/10
    Period: 4-5
    Being an Eight grader

I graduate from 8th grade it is exciting being an 8th grade it is not fun but I scary because I don’t know any English because I scary my test I don’t know the teacher say but I don’t know how to my test make me confused.
    I just got here in the U.S. without knowing any English. When I first start 8th grade I don’t know any friend to help me. I felt scary nervous and shy. At middle school I don’t know speak English no body like me I don’t know any friend. Everyday I stay by myself and I felt so lonely other time. When I get high school felt happy. Because I know speak English I have a lot friend. I felt scared nervous and shy because I don’t know what they say. Sometime my teacher ask question but I don’t know answer to my teacher. I felt shy to anther students stay around me. Because I don’t speak English I don’t how to ask somebody around me.
    I felt happy and I m glad that incident took place because without that incident I never had a best like now. I learned that when you are lost you don’t have to be afraid because you can always ask someone around the school. Right now I don’t shy I can ask someone to help me under states.

11. Ricardo Rascon
    10/28/10
    Period4&5
    When I break my rib
    Have you never break your rip raiding your bike? It was a sunny day I was on the street raiding my bike.I was in Baja California by my house at 1:00pm.When I was raiding my bike I fell down and I tell my dad “It hurt”. We went to the hospital and the doctor tells me “You have your rib break”. That day I feel bad because it hurt too much. I feel good now and I learn to not do tricks on the bike.

THE END
    By: Ricardo Rascon….

12. Mai Neng Moua
    Per.4-5
    10/27/2010

Seeing my old friends when arriving in the U. S.A.

How do you feel when you hangout with your friends? When I meet my friends, I’m felt very happy because I get to talk to them. Two year ago, my family and I came to the United States. When I was sixteen, I meet my friends at the party and had conversation at party. At that time, I ‘m felt happy when I tried to speak with her
    First, my friends and I meet at the party we tasted cake, fruit, candy, orange juice, and drink a lot of water. Also, my friends and I danced with their friends. And we meet new good friends at the party. My friends and I very happy to hangout at the party and eat, danced together. That day is making me very feel happy and I want to be that day again. “Yes I want my friends and I hangout in the party again”.
    I learned now do I felt good things and how to speak English from my friends. This incident taught me to meet my friends and we want to have a party again. I still remember I learned from my friends is how to danced, speak, and sing. I want to play game and danced with them again because it’s very fun to me, I miss them and want to meet them again because, and they are my nice friends. I wish I will meet my friends again one day.
    As a result, it’s always good to meet your old friends like the old days. I always though that I’ll never get to see my friends again since they came to the U.S.A first but it turn out that after a few months later, my family came to the U.S.A as well. This is how I got back together with my old friends like the old days. We went to the party together and went to hang out together.

13. Brandy labin 10/28/10 per. 4/5
    when I was 7

When I was 7, I felt down from the tree .the tree was tall and big, the tree was near to my house .I was on the tree and my brother was under the tree, he was only 5.
    I was felt scare and exited at the same time .i was felt scare because I thought i might die.
    I felt exited because I was knew how to climbed tree, from that day I was really happy.
    I was saw the rad and fell the tree down , I was hurt .‘’help, brandy fell from the tree’’.
    My brother shouted .after that ,I learn good thing ,that climb tree is a dangerous thing .