Environment Lesson 2: Biodiversity and Living Systems

May 16, 2010 by alicemercer · 20 Comments · assignments

This week, we will spend time learning about living systems and biodiversity. Here is a definition for biodiversity:

the variety of different types of plant and animal life in a particular region
– MacMillan dictionary

Here are some sites we will be using to learn more:

Tags: ···

20 Comments so far ↓

• JulieannaF.

I learned that it rains about 15 minutes another animals becomes extinct. their are three different places in the rain forest.

• Andre.M

With plants you can make a lot of thing.Every 15 minutes one species is made.There are three sections of a forest.

• TimothyV.

What i learned about the rain forest is that a lot of people dont
    know that they r killing the rain forests

• mariaj

Biodiversity is about the ecosystem and animals!

• Abigail S.

I learned about Biodiversity is that it talks about the nature a lot. For example it talks about how much the climate changes. Also Biodiversity talks about how pollution is killing different animals all over the world.

• Colby.D

We learned about the coral reef in my group.I learned that there are alot of animals in the ocean.We also learned that they are all different and some are the same.

• LoganP.

I learned about diversities that they are different types of living things.Also that they are animals and insects too.

• Lisa S.

What I learned from Biodiversity is that you can save animals from other planets. It’s also about that you can also save your own environment and what’s going on. This is what I learned from Biodiversity.

• David.v

What we learn about biodiversity. I learn that fewer animal are getting kill and only little jaguar are left only on the lands. Also the bat are only the mammal that could fly.

• brandon

I learned they cut down the fores to make homes mabe the tree was a home to a animal.

• leng v.

I learn about that leopard space are going down.I also learn that in the winter deer die and became leopard frozen food.

• Diana l.

what i learned about was that we are not helping the earth at all by not recycling or throwing away trash and we also need to use a little bit of power so we do not waste that. so that is what i learned

• Christy X.

What I learn about Biodiversity. I learned that different animals like the Leopards that lives in the north are dieing or extincting because they don’t have enough food to eat when it’s in the winter. They feed on the animals that are dead and bring it so they can eat it.

• rosaisela

what i learned about biodiversity is there are different trees that u can learn about.

• matthew

l learned about the living thing their were different kinds of animals. and the environments and the systems they were different systems.

• Ricardo B.

today I learned that animals are losing their homes because there are building houses there.

• Madeline C.

What i learned about biodiversity is that bats are the only mammal that can truly fly. There are more than 1 million species of insects and spiders. Also I learned that biodiversity means, the diversity of plant and animal life in a particular habitat.

• See T.

What I learned about biodiversity is that different animals like the leopard that was in the movie is going extinct because of habitat destruction and of scarce food. Like feeding on dead frozen animals.

• Destiny G.

On Monday I learned that if we don’t recycle it kills the rain forest.
    Today I learned that if we keep on building houses we will not have food.That is what I learned in two days.

• Grecia

I hope that people recycle more to help the earth. It will help by not polluting the air and making Earth cleaner.