Writeon's Blog

A Sacramento City School Blog

Updated Grading Policy for IB English

March26

Greetings IB Juniors!

I sincerely hope you have had a restful spring holiday, and I imagine that you are now starting to think about returning to Luther Burbank High School. Again, I want to commend you for all of your hard work and your willingness to embrace these challenging novels and writing assignments. You are all doing well, and I expect when you leave for college, which is actually not that long from now, you’ll be well-prepared.

For the remainder of the year, we will adhere to this new grading policy, which is an incentive to turn in your work on time, complete, and well-written:

1.Work turned in on the day due is considered “on time.”

2. Work turned in one day late and up to one week is considered “late” and shall be docked 10%.

3. Work turned in after one week and up to two weeks is considered “very late” and shall be docked 20%.

4. All work turned in after two weeks shall not be accepted unless a parent conference is arranged and Mr. Coey deems it in the best interest of the student to complete the assignment. A passing grade may be awarded.

This updated grading policy addresses the current lack of such a policy and hence the problem of inconsistency with grading and various advantages and disadvantages for turning in work on time. I hope you understand the need for this update and for those of you who have turned in your work on time, thank you very much.

Given my recent series of absences, I’ve taken some leniency with late work; however, starting from this date the new policy will be applied.

Those of you still writing your first draft Murakami essays will have until Wednesday, March 30th to meet the “very late” qualification.

I’ve just finished reading the first 100 pages of The Sorrow of War and wow! is it a great novel! There is so much for us to consider and discuss when we meet on Monday.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Coey

by posted under Uncategorized | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Updated Grading Policy for IB English”

1. March 26th, 2016 at 5:57 pm       Faizan Ashraf Says:

Greetings Mr.Coey

I have also completed first 100 pages of the novel and yeah it’s astonishing. I am really excited to talk about those ideas with others fellows in class time and seminars.

Skip to toolbar