Human Rights

Photo: http://flickr.com/photos/riacale/1347847390/ from riacale’s photostream (Creative Commons license)

UDHR–The Rights of Children: Plain Language Version

• Learn about the rights all children should have

Please do the following:

1. What rights do you think children should have? Send me a comment with 2 sentences about this topic. If you have sent a comment, please check what you wrote, and answer any questions that I’ve left. If there is no question, then comment on what someone else wrote.
  2. Review the comments, and my response to last week’s question about what business you would like to start in the next five years. Remember, this was NOT about what you want to do when you grow up. Respond to my questions and comments, or comment on what someone else said.

47 thoughts on “Human Rights

1. I think that the children has a free world. And a free life.So this is what children should have. The children should not have to be bad, every children should have the right to have a free life and world.
    Do children have to be bad? Why?–Ms. Mercer

2. kids have the right to study and get a diploma.The other reason why kids have the right is to have a great family.
    Is the last sentence why? or are are you saying they should also have a family? I don’t understand, PLEASE REWRITE.–Ms. Mercer

3. Children should have feet because everybody have feet.
    Not enough writing and I don’t understand, PLEASE REWRITE.–Ms. Mercer

4. I think children should have the right to meet other people.

Not enough writing, PLEASE WRITE MORE.–Ms. Mercer

5. I think children should have careness from there parents.Another reason is also kids should be there first thingin there life.
    Good job I love these ideas, but watch your spelling.–Ms. Mercer

6. I think children should all be able to go to school.

7. I think kids should have the rights to follow there dreams. I think that because for example asain people don’t need to be a farmer they could be anything they want to be.
    Good job, so you’re saying that Asians should be able to do other things, and not just be farmers.–Ms. Mercer

8. I would like to open a lemonade stand because it is fun and olso because it is fun.
    Good job on the writing, but DO NOT use your last name.–Ms. Mercer

9. I think children should have the right to learn at school. Next they should meet people.
    Good job, I like this.–Ms. Mercer

10. you should go to school.you should never miss school never.
    I don’t understand, this is not a right, but a responsibility. PLEASE REWRITE.–Ms. Mercer

11. They have the rights to be respect. They have the rights to be treat good.
    Excellent, I like this a lot.–Ms. Mercer

12. Children’s need to have rights for freedom. So they can have a great life.
    Good job.–Ms. Mercer

13. I will like to open a lemonade stand because it is fun and olso because it is fun to get money .
    Great job, but do NOT use your last name.–Ms. Mercer

14. I think children should have rights because it would be fair. every kid should have rights to be what they want to be when they grow up.diana

Excellent.–Ms. Mercer

15. I want to be a baseball player. They get to slide in the base. You get to have a lot of $.
    The question was not about when you grow up, but what would business would you have in the next five years. PLEASE REWRITE–Ms. Mercer

16. tener el derecho de jugar. tener el derecho de comer yl de ir ala escuela y otros derechos.

17. Children should not be bad because that is bad for there education.So children should be good in school and be good at home every day.That’s why you should be good every day

18. When I grow up I will work at K mart.I am going to work very hard when I grow up.
    Yeng, what will you do to make money before you are a grown up?–Ms. Mercer

19. I wish I have a nintendo wii games.I hope I get that for christmas.
    So should all kids have access to video games? What does this have to do with the rights of children.–Ms. Mercer

20. I think children should have freedom because if they don’t then the color of their skin might get them in trouble.So people can have freedom,and everybody should have freedom to.

21. I think kids should have the right to go to school for they can learn and meet other people to help them.

22. kids should have freedom respect and no hard work because they are little kids and they should have freedom because they are good kids and sometimes respectful.

23. mireya d.

estoy de acuerdo que los chicos deben tener buenas familias para ponerles atencion.

(I agree that children should have good families so that they can get attention from their parents.)

24. I think children should have friend ship because is true friend ship to every body. I have two reason why because every body should have the right too have a friend ship. I think friend ship is a nice thing to animal and people true love friend ship. Jarunee

25. I think everybody should have food because everybody should have food.If nobody have food, they will be poor.

26. Kids should be able to go to school . Kids should not be fourst to do
    stuff they should not do .

27. I think everybody should have food because everybody should have food.If nobody have food, they will be poor.

28. I think kids should have the right.To do what they want because they don’t have money.

29. the thing they should have is a home.they should have a home because when it rains they will get wet.

30. I think the poor people should have good homes.Also I think that they should live in the state.

31. I think that a right children should have a good life. Also they should have freedom.

32. I thick that they should have a house and some food . I thinhk that they should have a house and some food becus they are por..