Please pick the best five answers in your year-end reflection in a Word document, and copy and paste them in the comments section of this post.
Please type the questions you pick, as well as the answers.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm
We finished 3 units this semester: Mandela, Jamaica, and Everest. My favorite unit was Jamaica unit because it was short but I learned a lot about Jamaica of how the weather was and what they doing Jamaica for a living.
My least favorite unit was probably Mount Everest because it was very long and knowing the fact that people pay thousands of dollars just to go to a mountain, risking their lives just to be up there for five minutes and back. Which is pretty stupid to me.
I learned that being a good reader means to show grit and not give up on what your reading and to go back and reread it to understand and summon up what u have been reading. Three strategies I use when I’m reading is to ask questions, predict what’s going to happen, and summarize everything I’ve read so far.
This semester, three things I think I did well on was reading books and finishing them and writing summaries of them because I have good grades on the reading time and stamps for doing summaries. I also think I did well on the writing a lot because I get back paper with good scores but I still need practice in certain areas. Last I did well on is trying my hardest and my best on assignments although I might not get good scores but I still try my best.
The grade I feel like I should have in this class in a solid B because I did good on a lot of my work but at the same time I goof off a lot. But Ms. Hull loves me so I should get an A.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 4:49 pm
1. My favorite unit was Mandela because he was a big part of helping stop apartheid in South Africa. My least favorite was Jamaica because it wasn’t that interesting.
7. I deserve a C+ because I do just enough work to pass.
8. It helped because I could talk and do my work at the same time and that helps me. The class can’t be boring or I would fall asleep.
9. We need more movies and pot lucks!!
10. School is almost over
// Jun 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm
1. I finished five books this semester but my favorite book was the last Olympian because it had the perfect sum up to a great series and it caught my attention from page one with the perfect introduction.
2. Three things that I can improve next year is my behavior I can stop talking more and I can be a role model. And I need to set goals.
3. I tend to read mystery comic book and I want to read more of these kind of books and less of any other next year because the books I like always has twists and turn that keep me interested.
4. A good reader means to be good at reading and use all of your reading strategies such as predict, ask questions, connections, reflections, and visualizing.
5. This class helped me because It gave me all the tools I need to be successful in high school
// Jun 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm
1. Everest because it cool and I want to climb it someday. The unit that was my least favorite is new Orleans .
2. Being a good reader means to be able to read and all level with no more then a few mistakes.
3. 54 bleach book this is my favorite book. My favorite books are bleach and dragon ball z these are my favorite books because to me there really cool and fun to read I don’t really get bored when I read these book or my other favorite book.
4. No I do not see any pattern to my reading, no I to don’t want to more certain kind of book because I don’t really like to read I own read when I bored and have nothing to do or when i don’t want to hear people talk to me, I do not plan to read more then I do this year so I don’t know what I want to read.
5. The three things I did well is reading, writing, and learning. These are the three things I did well on. I believe I did well on these three things because I work hard on them.
6. None there nothing I want to improve on because I like the way I am right now and I don’t not want to improve anything about me.
7. A+ I deserve this grade because I work hard for them and I cool with almost very one in my class I don’t try to boss anyone around .
8. It doesn’t help me.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm
1.I read four books this semester. My two favorite was the Lauren Conrad series. I like those kinds of series because it’s a girly book. I like drama, romantic, girly books. I like stories like that.
3.I read four books this semester. My two favorite was the Lauren Conrad series. I like those kinds of series because it’s a girly book. I like drama, romantic, girly books. I like stories like that.
5.First thing I did well was finishing my books. Another thing was having a lot of grit at certain times. I think I did well helping others too.
7.I think I deserve an ‘A’ in this class. I think I did well in this class. I finish all my work and showed a lot of grit.
8.This class taught me a lot. I like how you taught things. It’s easier to understand.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm
1.My favorite unite in this semester was Nelson Mandela’s unite Because he never gave up and he was against the apartheid. My least favorite was Everest because it didn’t grabbed my attention that much.
2. What I mean about being a good reader is to reread and stop and think, ask questions, or predictions.
3 things I used to be a good reader while reading is to ask questions, predictions, and connections.
8. It helped me because you tought me to have self control and grit and also not giving up on what you like to do. Thanks, Ms Hull. (:
9. to be more mean, and help some students understand, and give out less work.
10. I also would like you to know that Ms Hull is like the school mom and the best teacher here. (:
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm
1. We finished 3 units this semester: Mandela, Jamaica, Everest. Which unit was your favorite and why? Which unit was your least favorite and why?
Answer: Jamaica because it was short and I learned a lot of new things about Jamaica. Everest and Mandela was my least favorite because they were long and boring.
2. Think about all the reading practice you have done this semester. What does it mean to be a good reader? List 3 things/strategies that you do while reading and explain how these things/strategies help you to be a good reader?
Answer: You comprehend things. 1. Visualize 2. Predict Summarize
3. How many books did you finish this semester? List your favorite books. Write at least 2 paragraphs about why these books were your favorite.
Answer: I read one book. Push was one of my favorite books because it was interesting. It also talked about life lessons and what happens in life.
4. Write at least a paragraph about three things you would like to improve next year and why you want to improve them?
Answer: Do more homework. Also I want to have more patients. Another thing is that I want to be a better student.
5. List 2-3 ways to improve this class or how I can help students more.
Answer: Be more patient, be fair with all the students and more fun things to do.
Kamarianna Thomas Jonson
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm
Second Semester Reflection Answers
1. My favorite unit was Jamaica because I always wanted to go to Jamaica and I now know about it. My least favorite was neither of them because I actually like them.
2. To be a good reader you can use reading practice like: Summarizing can help you understand easier. Connections can help you related to whatever you’re reading. Asking Questions can also help you understand and while you’re reading if u asks questions you won’t be confused.
3. My two favorite books were Precious and Twilight.
Twilight is about a girl moving to a new town full of vampires and werewolves. She also falls in love with a certain vampire. It’s a really good book that is a cool love story. A lot of people are in love with the book and even have teams on the series. I have seen the movie many times read the book a few times.
Precious is about In New York City’s Harlem circa 1987, an overweight, abused, illiterate teen that is pregnant with her second child is invited to enroll in an alternative school in hopes that her life can head in a new direction. It is also a good book. I only read the book once but seen the movie many times. You can learn a lot reading about how she struggles with her life and her kids. In the movie the actors are good too.
4. I read all kinds of books. I mostly read romance which I need to read less of. I want to start reading more action because they are interesting, and I don’t read them that much.
5. The three things I did well this semester was doing all my work, got my grades up and staying out of trouble. I got better grades that I thought I couldn’t get but I did. I don’t have to come in contact with getting in trouble. I also come to school on time now. I like that the rest of the year is going good.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:03 pm
1) I didn’t like Jamaica because it was really short and boring.
2) What means to be a good reader is that you have to know the strateges of summarizing so that it tells you what you might know about the story and its good to ask questions because it helps you no what your asking .
3) I finished over 11 books this semester. One was called shoot for a million. The other I called the game.
I picked the shoot for a million because it talks about a boy and all about his life. He has been shooting balls for years now. But the reason why his shooting balls for is because his father died when he was just a little boy. After that he met a friend it was a African girl and she had a dad that shoots balls to so her dad saw that he needed some help so he showed him how to shoot. I love this book because its like my life it shows me that I can learn new stuff and to never give up. 4) I read about happiness and love storys this semester. But I want to read stuff about fighting and action.
5) I think that I did good this semester. Another is that i got better at reading now. It helps me because I can read faster and I can do so much but I still need help from my teacher next year so that they can help me be even a better reader
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm
1. We finished 3 units this semester: Mandela, Jamaica, and Everest. Which unit was your favorite and why? Which unit was your least favorite and why?
None were my favorite because they didn’t seem interesting to me or the way my teacher taught it seemed boring. The least favorite one was Mandela unit because I didn’t learn much.
2. Think about the reading practices you did this semester. What does it mean to be a good reader? List three/ strategies that you do while reading and explain how these things help you to become a better reader?
None really helped me and nothing really comes to mind that makes me a good reader.
3. I only read two books and it was a fiction book. Also it was saga book it was called into the moonlight and magic of the moonlight. It was very interesting and the only good thing I did in that class.
4. That you shouldn’t be soft and a easy person on the bad kids or the kids who shouldn’t be in this class.
5. Be more patient, be fair with others students and do more fun things.
BY: VALERIA GRANADOS
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm
5. The best unit was the Mandela unit and because I think when kids do work they like they do better because they enjoy the work they are doing. And reading books is another thing I think I did well.
6. I will like to improve my grades they aren’t bad but I just think I can get them higher and reading more books and better hand writing.
7. In class I think I deserve a B or an A because I do all my homework and I do all my class work and never get in trouble in class.
8. This class helped me a lot this was the best class I had as a freshman.
9. Keep doing the same thing and everything should good.
10. And I want you to know you was the best teacher out of all my teachers this hole year.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:05 pm
1. My favorite unit was Jamaica because it caught my attention to learn about bob Marley. My least favorite was Everest because I’m not into mountain’s cause I’m never going to climb.
2. To be a good reader you should highlight and underline important information and take your time reading and asking questions.
3. I finished five books my favorite two books were the bone books because they were fun to read.
4. Yeah I see a pattern because I read a series of books the were fiction picture books
5. Keeping my grade up , staying outta trouble , going to school
mai chao lee
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:07 pm
Mandela was my favorite unit because this unit make me learn lots of stuff that I never knew if it before about South Africa. Beside by that time 96 year ago. By what happening but this one man just change the world and everything. And make it change it to freedom by apartheid. Jamaica was my least favorite because in Jamaica unit it kind of short and not enough interesting really about it. But it kind of interesting somehow but not really.
2.) I think being a good reader is not easy if your not putting yourself on that position that your looking forward for it because being a good reader what you have to do every time was think what you have done reading and then ask question and make connection with the story that you read and make prediction and visualize what you have done reading and imagine what in the store and summaries the important information and monitor and repair is to reread and fix it. You got to listen and pay attention to what you heard when you’re reading and that is what a good reading do. It helps making your brain smarter and knows more vocabulary word and it can help your language better. For those who know more than 2 language and language is your 2 language yes that good for you. Reading is good.
4.) Yes, I want to read certain kind of book next year because I think reading fun if you find the interesting book that hooks your brain to read it. I would like to read about imaginations story, fake but sound like true, fun story.
5.) First thing that I think I did well in this semester is try to finish wok it on time because something that I know that I might not finish it on time. I’m always took it home and finish it for homework and then turn it in tomorrow morning during first period. Second thing that I think I did well in this semester is talk more then last semester during class connection. And don’t really felt shy no more. Third thing was listening to music while working on project or worksheet and make me finish working faster when without music.
6.) One – what I would like to improve next year was talk more in class and make connection out loud with the whole class because I know I’m not reading that though. But yes I’m going to do that for next year. second I would like be the first student that the teacher were calling to go to the board and teach the whole class a lesson for 5 or 10 minute s because I think that help me to prepare for next three year for to prepare for my senior year project. I think that help for practice before it happen.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm
1. My favorite unit would be the Everest unit because it was interesting to learn about the highest point on Earth.my least favorite unit is the Jamaica one because I didn’t learn a lot.
2. It means to use the reading practice and skills when reading. The 1st strategy is highlighting import and new information. The 2nd one is asking questions and also making connections.
3. I finished 1 book this semester. That book was the 39 clues and I liked it because it kept me hooked into the book.
4. No, I don’t see a pattern in what I read. No, I will just read whatever catches my attention. I would like to read more action books.
5. The first thing I think I did well on is my reading because I improved a lot on it. The second thing I did well on is the unit projects because I usually got a good grade on them. The last thing I fell that I did well on is the unit reflection.
6. I would like to read more at home and during school. I would also like to improve on my studding habits. The last thing I would like to improve on is my writing and reading strategies that I use.
7. I feel that I at least deserve a “B” in this class because do most of my work and the only time I don’t complete my work is when I am not at school.
8. It helped me learn better because I feel like that I learn better when the teacher is nice.
9. This class is good enough, t don’t think you need to improve anything.
10. I want you to know that you are a great teacher and you keep on teaching until you can teach any more.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm
1) We finished 3 units this semester: Mandela, Jamaica, and Everest. Which unit was your favorite and why? Which unit was your least favorite and why?
The one I liked the most was Jamaica. It was something new to me an it was interesting. I liked it because there was a lot I didn’t know about Jamaica. I didn’t like the Mandela unit because it was boring.
2) Think about all the reading practice you have done this semester. What does it men to be a good reader?
To be a good reader you have to know how to read and write and learn from others. You have to take notes from others and others writing. I take notes, do closes, and think about what I have read.
3) How did this class or way of teaching help you?
Mr. Ferlazzos teaching helped me understand what I learned this school year
4) Write at least a paragraph about three things you would like to improve next year and why you want to improve them?
One thing I will improve is not falling asleep in class. I will go to sleep earlier before school. Next I will work on my attitude. I could learn how to control it and be a better person. The last thing I will improve would be paying attention in class.
// Jun 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
1.) We finished 3 unites this semester: Mandela, Jamaica, and Everest. Which unit was your favorite and why? Which unit was your least favorite and why?
-The Unit I liked the most was the Mandela Unit. I liked it because Mandela is a very interesting person, even though I didn’t know him completely, after we have finished the unit, I look at him as one of the important person who ever live, he made such great impact that shook the world, and also me. Basically what I’m saying is that he’s more awesome than me.
The unit that made me yawned most of the time was the Jamaica unit because I think the only thing I learned from it was about Bob Marley, I think we paid less attention about “Jamaica” itself, like the country itself.
2.) Think about all the reading practice you have done this semester. What does it mean to be ag good reader?
-A good reader should be good, at the same time should be reading. A good reader should only focus on the book he/she’s reading and should visualize, summarize, ask questions, predict, make connections.
When I’m reading, I usually visualize, ask questions, and summarize because it helps me to understand and it also helps me to animate what’s happening on the story in my mind.
3.) How many books did you finished this semester? List your two favorite books. Write at least 2 paragraphs about why these books were your favorite.
-I think I’ve only read 5 books this semester. My two favorite books were “ The Gun” and “Blood is Thicker” by Paul Langan because they contain a lot of descriptive words and vivid characters which I really like, and the story is somehow realistic and could happen to anyone, and sometimes I can relate to the story
4.) Do you see and pattern to your reading (for example, did you only read a certain kind of book like romance, non-fiction, mystery, etc.) Do you want to read more of a certain kind of book and less of another kind of book next year? Why? What would you like to read about next year?
5.) No, I don’t see any pattern because I read random books to try new things and expand my perspective; I would like to try that; I would like to read about adventure books next year.
6.) Write at least a paragraph about three things you did well this semester and why you think you did well.
-This semester I did well on doing most of my work on every unit, play and chat with my friends, and overlaying Mr. Ferlazzo’s head on every picture I encounter. I think I did good at these things because
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
© 2015 Academic Reading & WritingProvided by WPMU DEV -The WordPress Experts — Cutline by Chris Pearson Hosted by Sacramento City School Blogs