Dream Speech, Period 1

Welcome class of 2018!

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one! Your ideas about how to solve our current social and environmental problems are an important step in changing the future. So I applaud you for taking a risk and thinking about how to reach a larger audience.

1. Be sure to ‘subscribe’ to this website by typing in your email address in the ‘subscribe’ box. Once that is done, all subsequent (following) emails will be directed to you. Don’t worry; I don’t email very often.

2. Type your “Dream Speech” in Microsoft word. Save the document as you are working. Read your speech aloud prior to publishing. Make revisions. Then, you can publish on our website.

3. Publish: Click on the ‘comments’ link at the bottom of this post. Follow the directions for uploading your ‘comment’ in this case your dream speech. If you want, you can click an option to have your classmates’ comments emailed to you.

4. Reply: Once your classmates begin to upload their dream speeches, you can reply. Identify what you like about the speech; look for good examples of rhetorical techniques. Share other questions or ideas you have about the speech. Keep it positive. If you have a concern, you might consider speaking to that person directly rather than leaving a comment. Please comment on AT LEAST TWO of your classmates’ speeches. Also, our goal is to leave comments with each student writer, so everyone feels acknowledged for their ideas and hard work.

5. Share with the World! Using the King Center’s web page, share your dream speech with the world. Your dream can be available for a larger audience!

Due Wednesday, February 17

Kind Regards,

Mr. Coey

85 thoughts on “Dream Speech, Period 1”

1. I Have a Dream
    Today. The year 2016. Worldwide but mainly in the USA inequality is a problem.
    I see the injust hands of inequality segregating many groups
    I hear the tormented minds of those who do not “fit in” with society’s standards
    I feel the wicked pain others souls feel, it is not a pretty feeling, this is something we need to put to an end.
    Inequality is like having no water because hydrogen and oxygen are not the same, in the end they’re both gases, just as we are all human.
    Inequality is like war that never ends
    Now is the time to put an end to the putrid felon known as racism.
    Now is the time to end the horrible storms of prejudice
    Now is the time to look past gender,skin color and religion.
    Like the great Martin Luther King Jr. Once said “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
    I have a dream that the world of inequality will be put to an end, I hope it ceases to exist and a more powerful world of equality takes over.
    I have a dream that whether it’s a man or woman or transgender, whether it is black, yellow, white or brown, we all unite.
    I have a dream that every human is seen as equal forever.

2. Children in our society are being taken around our surroundings everyday. If you can just see the faces of families in despair. They looks like they had their like sucked away. If only we can hear the distant cries of the children who have been abducted and find out where they are. If only everyone can feel the pain every single family who has been a victim. Not everyone can feel the pain and no one will if they have not been a victim of child abduction. Nothing will be done to find a solution to this problem. Not even the police. If you go to the police these days, they will tell you it needs to be 3 days or 72 hours to file a missing persons case.

It is unfair for the families to be waiting for the police to do something. What the police should be doing is treating these cases as it is their child missing. More than 2,000 kids are being abducted every day. That is 800,000 children being abducted each year. Out of those 800,000 kids, 203,000 children are being kidnapped by their family members. Where in these monsters head think they can take a child and not hurt the families. As the Department of Justice has written in their book, The Crime of Child Abduction, the process of recovery is not as simple as it sounds. There are a number of important steps that should be followed to help and support the child throughout this process.

We as the community should come together to help this process go faster. After the criminal has been found they should get hit with the book of justice. Now is the time to stand up for the children, the parents, and the community. Now is the time to stand up to stop the cries of the children. Now is the time for families who are afraid of being knocked over with a hit of cruelty. Now is the time to help heal the scars done by the monsters in our society. Like the great case of Polly Hannah Klass who had been abducte when she was having a slumber party and a man walked into the house with a weapon and tied polly and her friend and put pillowcases over their heads Polly had been taken that night and was later to be found dead on December 3 of the year 1993. She was only 12 years old. It was the beginning of her life and it ended so fast. I have a dream that our community will come together and help each other if their in their time of despair.

3. I HAVE A DREAM

In the sunny day in the valley, woken up by the loud noises of the rooster’s cries. People are woken up in their bamboo, palm leaves house and do their daily routine of feeding their animals then go on a long walking journey to the farm. Having worn out shoes, one set of clothing, bathing in the river, little food to eat, no table to eat on, sleeping on a bamboo bed with a sheet over it, no electricity, sleeping in the cold, dark night hearing the crickets chirp. As days goes by, I see the poor families of hope within themselves hoping that their lives someday will change the poverty of destruction like the typhoon in Thailand. On the streets of Thailand, I hear the cries of children begging for food to eat and a need of a family to be loved and caressed. I can feel the ratio of food being eaten. Everyday around the globe, rich people have it easy while the poor have it hard. Now is the time to dream and hope what lies ahead of us in the future. Now is the time to have faith and believe what we can do and what we can change. Now is the ti lift our heads up and work had till our time is up. “Like the great leader of our Hmong community, Vang I HAVE A DREAM

In the sunny day in the valley, woken up by the loud noises of the rooster’s cries. People are woken up in their bamboo, palm leaves house and do their daily routine of feeding their animals then go on a long walking journey to the farm. Having worn out shoes, one set of clothing, bathing in the river, little food to eat, no table to eat on, sleeping on a bamboo bed with a sheet over it, no electricity, sleeping in the cold, dark night hearing the crickets chirp. As days goes by, I see the poor families of hope within themselves hoping that their lives someday will change the poverty of destruction like the typhoon in Thailand. On the streets of Thailand, I hear the cries of children begging for food to eat and a need of a family to be loved and caressed. I can feel the ratio of food being eaten. Everyday around the globe, rich people have it easy while the poor have it hard. Now is the time to dream and hope what lies ahead of us in the future. Now is the time to have faith and believe what we can do and what we can change. Now is the ti lift our heads up and work had till our time is up. “Like the great leader of our Hmong community, Vang Pao, who has fought side by side with the U.S Army and being a translator to the American and the Hmong. I have a dream that we’ll become leaders and lead our community to a better life. I have a dream that we’ll get out of poverty and have the things they have in the U.S. I HAVE A DREAM that we’ll rise up and be known to the world for who we are. I have a dream that we’ll become leaders and lead our community to a better life. I have a dream that we’ll get out of poverty and have the things they have in the U.S. I HAVE A DREAM that we’ll rise up and be known to the world for who we are.

4. People from all over the world immigrate to the United States. Everyday is a battle for them. They are sacrificing there life to give there loved ones a better one.
    I see many posters, advertisements, build boards, commercials etc. about immigration. I hear announcements about immigration. But I feel as if many people say it needs to stop, but never actually do something about it.
    Immigration is somewhat like “karma”. Your doing bad to get good or something you want. But at the end it all back fired because then you get in trouble and Today is a great day to speak up about immigration. Today is also a great day to stop immigration. Like the great man Barack Obama said himself not that long ago,” Deportation should be targeting criminals, not working parents”.
    I have a dream that one day the economy can get better so that there could be more jobs. So that the people who immigrate can actually have a job once they get here. I have a dream that one day there can be an organization for the people who are immigrating can have somewhere to go. I have a dream, a dream that one-day immigrants from all over the world can live a better life.
    deported back and get into a lot of trouble. Today is a great day to take the first step.

5. I have a dream that one day our nation will come to its senses and realize what kind of a world we have created for everyone. I feel that everyone has forgotten how great and beautiful this nation really is. I have a dream that our great and beautiful nation will come together as one and fix all the mistakes we have created over the past years. We have taken this beautiful world for granted too many times and I believe it’s time that we all stand up for it and said enough is enough! With the freedom we have, I see the violence and destruction we have done to our environment, peers, and to this world. This all just goes back to the saying, “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.” I have a dream that one day I’ll be able to look up and see that our country has finally found its purpose on this planet. My expectations of this nation are high and I hope to see those expectations accomplished in my lifetime. I can’t wait to see a day of when nobody is harmed physically or emotionally by racism and violence. I have a dream that one day I will be able to walk outside without fear of something or someone coming to harm myself and others. If you want to be able to do something without the judgement of others you should be able to. America is supposed to be the land of the free and home of the brave but all I see is the violence and stress it causes to all of us, like a duck out of water. I have a dream that one day we as a nation will learn to get along with each other and the rest of the world. I hope that everyone out there suddenly realizes that no one is perfect and no matter how smart or dumb, beautiful or ugly, skinny or overweight we must all be treated the same.
    If we focus on the future instead of the past it will allow us to have a better future. If we are able to do that than in the near future we should experience positive and great things happening to our country. I have a dream that one day we will learn to leave our problems in the past and begin to build a better future. This is my hope with this faith we will be able to stop all the madness and chaos we have created and finally be able to live in peace. I also hope that we will eventually end all our problems we have with foreign countries and learn to respect the way people are running their country. When this day comes it will be the day when everyone comes together to build up our nation and all hatred from our country is eliminated. Great events such as the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, and the American Revolution mark few of many wonderful times in our country’s history. I hope to see our nation rise up again and stand together.

1. I like how you put ” We have taken this beautiful world for granted too many times” because i mean we do take this beautiful world that we’re living in and ruining it into trash, a world of suffocation and not msking a difference and change to it.

6. Bullying… This harassment happens everyday. All over the world, usually in school, people suffer in silence and are both verbally and physically abused. This crime goes without penalty and is unacceptable for the victims. I see the suffering on their faces. I hear the silent cries that they hold inside. I feel the pain that torments them over and over again. This pain is like the never-ending sufferings in hell. The bully is the coward that doesn’t know how to express his or herself. This outrageous unpunished crime is wrong, and we should put an end to it. Now is the time we step up and share our voices. Now is the time that we all realize the seriousness of this problem. Now is the time for the great change that all scholars deserve. “We are created equal,” and should be treated equally as well. I have a dream that our families will reunite, that our families will help each other, and fight against this horrible crime that continues to go unpunished. I have dream that all kids in schools will be treated equally. I have a dream that we put an end to bullying.

7. Since the beginning of times, all around the world, women have been looked upon as the weak, the sensible, the fragile, and often objectified. I see little girls being laughed at by boys because she said she wanted to part of the police force. I hear a woman sobbing because the court said that the man that raped her did not and is now roaming the streets in freedom while she feels trapped and scared. I feel the frustration that runs through the veins of a 16 year old girl because she keeps getting dress coded in a 90 degree weather because the school has told her that she is “distracting” the boys. When women walk down the street, guys look at her like dogs look at a piece of meat. Women are human and we do not exist for the men, we exist for ourselves, we survive for ourselves, and we progress for ourselves.

Now is the time for women to stand up together and not against each other. Now is the time for women to receive equal rights as men. Now is the time for women to realize the injustice society has sprout upon us. Like the great G.D Anderson said, “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength”.

I have a dream that one day women can be as equal as men. I have a dream that the gender of a human body will not make them less of a person. I have a dream that we will see more woman representing our country. I have a dream that when a young woman walks down the street, she will be respected and counted as the human being that she is. I have a dream that women would be loved by the personality of their hearts and soul, and not by the way their body is shaped. I have a dream that women will realize that they can depend on themselves and if we all stand together, we will all change the world together.

1. This was very well written and I actually felt something and it made me think. It has a wonderful flow. I think you did an amazing job on this poem. 😀

8. I am very pleased to join you today because history will be made for immigrants. Today we will rise as one. We should allow all races to join regardless of what they look like and where they’re from. We shall let immigrants to come to the United States to make a better life for their families. I hear the winds if discrimination, I see sadness running down their face like waterfalls going down the mountains. One day immigrants shall hold their heads up high and discover their true intelligence. Now is the time for immigrants to get the same level of education the kids in the United States get. Now is the time for immigrants that are separated from their love ones to reunite with each other. Now is the time to end the fear of deportation. Like the great Cesar Chavez once said, “si se puede” (yes one can) help immigrants to come to the United States to make a better future. I have a dream that someday it will become easier for immigrants that feel imprisoned in the flames of discrimination and inequality. I have a dream that one day immigrants could live the life they want without anyone stopping them. I have a dream that one day equality will ring for immigrants like it rings for all United States citizens. Their dream is my dream.

9. People of all kind , today is the day i will speak for us all. To all whether you’re young, old, tall ,short, dark skinned, light skinned…etc. Today is the day that our minds , feelings, and life is devoted to Discrimination. When heard or spoken of this strong,highly meaningful world, it concludes to anger for some people and unspeakable words for others. But i’m not alone , as i have all you people to help show Discrimination that it can be discriminated.

It all started in the 1400’s , and after that it’s been increasing worldwide.There are variety of Discrimination such as Racial, religion, sex(gender)…and others. As years increase Discrimination gets stronger and is to this day a situation that needs to be controlled. Not only would it be manageably controlled, but as well as it being a situation that no one, worldwide would have to worry or deal with . But without the help of each other there wouldn’t be any solution or improvement towards discriminating… Discrimination.

I see Discrimination through body language in the streets. I see the flames of anger and tears of hopeless in the eyes of the people being discriminated. I hear the screams and cries of the people being discriminated from things no one ever should be discriminated from. No matter what race or sex(gender). I hear discriminated words spoken aloud from different mouths. I feel discriminated when i dont have the same rights, and or respect as the others who tend to be the same living human being as me. I also know that i’m not the only one who feels discriminated when approaching different places outside the comfort of our homes.

Discrimination is like the rotten fruit in the basket. Where no one should ever feel like the rotten fruit. So now is the time to put a stop to Discrimination . Now is the time to realize we are all God’s people, we are are equal in many ways. Now is the time for discriminated people to not be afraid and speak up for what they want , and what is better for us all. Like the quote says “Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color”, it not only concludes for racial Discrimination but also for religious.

I have a dream that one day we will all wake up and walk the streets of this world without hesitating from being scared or aggressive towards others. I have a dream that our next generation of people will have better control of this Discrimination situation. I HAVE A DREAM that no human being will ever be discriminated from all things .

1. i like your quote “Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color”. we shouldn’t judge someone because of their skin color.

10. I had a dream
    In this generation, in this society we are taught if you see something, don’t say nothing, that life isn’t fair, deal with it. Nobody cares, move on.
    I look around and see the pain of the broken hearted, I hear the cries of the innocent and accused, I feel the hurt of the over looked but their silent as a thought and forgotten like a dream.
    It’s time to end the inequality against women, men, straight, gay, black, white and Hispanic. It’s time to end the support of the perverted minds. It’s time to end the jokes we say to cover the hurtful words we actually mean to say. It’s time to end the mentality of this generation.
    Like the great Oscar Wilde said, “don’t let society label you, we blame society but we are society”.
    They think they’re helping us, when they’re actually hurting us. They say “ you are weak” we say “we are strong” they say “ you are poor” we say “ we are alive” they say “ you are dumb” we say “ we are smart” they say” boo you” we say “screw you”!
    I had a dream to be able to walk down the street and not be hurt by the words of the inappropriate. I had a dream to be able to say “I am happy “with the tone of confidence. I had a dream that I’d be able to watch the news and not see the young boys found dead on the cold streets of violence by the cruel weapons of brutality. I had a dream, I had a dream but it’s gone like a smoke in the air.

11. Like the great John Donne once said “Death comes equally to us all, and makes us all equal when it comes,” but yet that was said in the early 1600’s and still nothing has changed.
    Gender inequality and discrimination towards women have been a huge issue worldwide for many years.
    4 out of 5 victims of human trafficking are women.
    77% of a men’s pay is the pay of a women with the same amount of education and experience.
    So why is it that we let gender determine our future and success.
    So why is it that the phrase “like a girl” is an insult or considered weak.
    Why is it that men don’t share the responsibilities, but let it pile up on themselves.
    I hear the overvalued men degrading women.
    I feel the powerful and heavy fists of discrimination towards women.
    Trying to walk through a brick wall is like getting rid of inequality.
    No matter how hard you try your success will not be good enough.
    We’re told we must watch the way we’re dressed when we go out,
    but what should be told is that men should have self control.
    Now is the time for the 62 million girls to receive the education they’ve been denied.
    Now is the time for the myth of equality to not keep us from speaking our mind.
    Now is this the time for both men and women to both have equal opportunities.
    Now is the time to reduce the high percentage of women experiencing sexual abuse.
    I have a dream that women will be just as valued as men.
    I have a dream that one day we can all come together as one, and be equal.

12. Police Brutality

Police brutality is seen everywhere. It is a horrific scene of violence towards people of all color, ethnicity, and religion.

I see innocent lives being taken without remorse
    I hear the cries of witnesses pleading to not pull the trigger
    I feel the tension between injustice and discrimination

Our faith stands tall like our flag
    Our hope is held back by our distrust

Now is the time to fight against police brutality
    Now is the time to stand against inequality
    Now is the time for all people of all color to stand as one

Like the great say her name we will yell it at the top of our lungs till justice awakens this nation.

I have a dream that one day we will be able to be saved by the blue, red, and white lights that represent our freedom.

I have a dream that children will not see the loss of a parent

I have a dream that one day calling 911 will be our gateway to safety and not our gateway heaven.

1. My allusion is about Sandra Bland, a woman who was killed by police. This news angered the #blacklivematter community and the hashtag #sayhername spread worldwide to get justice for her.

1. I love your similes and metaphors. “Our faith stands tall as our flag. Our hope is held back by distrust.” Nice touch?

2. i really like this line, because i can relate to it. “I have a dream that one day we will be able to be saved by the blue, red, and white lights that represent our freedom”.
      overall a really good speech good jod.

13. I Have A Dream Speech

All around the world, immigration is a big problem, between all the countries and peoples in the past, present, and future. People immigrant because they want to live in a more free and equal country, and give their child a better education. It takes ten years to apply for a visa, it was too long, that is why so many people, like Chinese, Mexican, Latino and African people, cross the border by using illegal way.

I see fear fall down from people’s face, when they immigrant to a different country. I hear people and child crying for their family members on the other side of the border. I feel the sadness and pain show in these bloody immigrant’s heart, and the sound of blood dripping from their heart. Immigrated to a country is hard as creating a new world. Immigrants are people escaping hell to go to heaven.

Now is the time to let people live in a better country for a better life. Now is the time to let immigrant’s children find the gold path of success in a different country. Now is the time to find a country of freedom and equality. Like the great President Franklin D. Roosevelt say: “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolution.”

I have a dream that one day every immigrant will have freedom to choose a country they want to live and a city they can be retire for rest of their life. I have a dream that one day people will no longer need to jump over the fins in the border to get over to a country. I have a dream that one day every immigrant will not be treat by their culture or where they come from, they will be treated by the work they did for the country. I have a dream that one day every immigrant will have a nice job and life in the country they are live in the future.

1. Honestly, if I’m commenting on Jie’s speech, the dream speech given has great details and of course it’s because you’ve experienced it first hand which is why i can admire what you’ve written.

2. I like how you wrote that immigrants “want to live in a more free and equal country and give their child a better education “

14. Everyday we humans face problems such as drunk driving. Millions of people worldwide do it. Alcohol affects you in a way that changes your judgment, depth perception as well as vital motor skills required to drive safely.
    I see people drinking either because of celebration or because of deep sorrow. I hear those voices change from calm to panic, cars crashing, unimaginable screaming, and voice soon to die.
    I feel the pain from family members watching their own blood about to go down six feet to the ground because of drunk driving.
    Drinking while driving is like drinking your life away; slowly taking you sip by sip. The choices you have are either to hand your keys over or hand your life over.
    Now is the time to stop drunk driving. Now is the time to stand up and help trouble ones with these problems. Now is the time to stop drinking all together. This will be the generation when all people will stop. We will end the madness of death caused by drunk driving.
    Like the great John Mayor who is against drinking and driving. John Mayor wrote on his blog, “Here is what I want to tell you. If I, incredibly hot/fugly John Mayor can make that call, so can you”. John Mayor isn’t he only celebrity who is against drunk driving. Celebrities like Gwen Stefani, Shaquille O’Neal, and Marc Anthony are against drunk driving.
    I have a dream that our generation will be the generation to start anew. Our generation will start looking forward to their future and not towards a can of beer. I have a dream that drunk driving will stop completely to end the sorrow of deaths. I have a dream that our generation will be changed to a non-drinking life.

15. Immigration has been going in America since before 1875 but in 1880 a big increase on immigration happened. Immigrants are just coming for a better life there not here to make any harm, just to look for a better job. So it’s time to stop all this deportation.

I see families being separated because of deportation. I hear children crying because their parents got deported back to their country. I feel horrible knowing that this can happen to my uncles and aunties. The immigrants are not making any harm it’s the government making the harm.

Now it’s the time to stop separating families. Now it’s the time to stop taking immigrants jobs away. If you deport the Mexicans back to their country, tell me who’s going to do all the hard jobs like cleaning houses, working on the fields, cutting yards and more a small payment. Now it’s the time to give the Latino/Hispanic a voice in this country instead of being discriminated.

Like the white wash from Cesar Chavez and all the amazing things he did for the farm workers (immigrants).

I have a dream that someday Mexicans will be able to travel wherever they want without being worried to get caught by ice. I have a dream that Mexicans will be able to go to Mexico and come back without a problem. I have a dream that Mexicans will stop being discriminated. I HAVE A DREAM that someday in this great nation Mexicans will have their freedom and stop feeling like prisoners.

16. Welcome! We have gathered here today, at the Louisiana Superdome, for me to inform you all about our endangered young ladies in the world. These young women on the streets are giving up their bodies for money random strangers and they are hurting themselves.
    I see young females filling the corners on each street, dressed in tight, hoe like clothing, and begging for money because they have nowhere else to go, no where else to live. Our women are driving off into random vehicles that roll by and are having sex as if it were a job to them. Prostitution can lead to many other crimes such as: a severe injury, murder, and most likely, even sexual assault. I hear men shouting through their windows from the cars at these ratchet women, people would say, to take them home just to have sex with a guy they don’t know. These women are in danger and we need to help them before things get any worse.
    These young women are being bought and played with like toys from a child’s store. We shouldn’t be treating these young females badly, we should respect these young women, and take of them.
    Now is the time, where we find these women real jobs and real homes, so they are safer and hardworking. Now is the time where these strangers stop paying these confused, young girls for their bodies. Now is the time, where we end prostitution and all young women get off the streets.
    I have a dream, all women will be working someplace nice and be making real money at a nice job, to make a decent or even good living.

1. I liked your metaphore “these women are being bought and played with like toys from a child’s store”?
      And the Welcome! At the beggining!

17. I HAVE A DREAM

It’s a normal day the sun is shining the man leaves to work. The kids wake up to go to school. The mom drives them. She comes back cleans, cooks and waits for her husband to arrive. People’s roles are assigned according to their abilities. Women receive stereotyping on a daily basis. Women are meant to be housewives; women are restricted from their dreams.

Women live in a “men’s world” They fear walking in a dark day. 83 percent of sexual harassments cases come from women. Violence against women continues to be a problem around the world. Women deserve to be free and live life with judgment or fear of walking in the dark.

I see women focusing their life on keeping their family happy but forgetting about themselves.
    I hear silence because women are afraid to express their feelings to others.
    I feel the pain women feel everyday toward the discrimination they receive.
    In China women are known as “leftover food” The older you get the worthless you are especially if you are not married.
    At an early age women are “hunting” for a man

Now it’s the time for women to take control
    Now it’s the time for women to become their own providers
    Now it’s the time for women to be fearless

Like the great Mary Wollstonecraft the writer of the book “A Vindication of the Rights of Women”, In the book she stood up for women, “I do not wish them [women] to have power over men; but over themselves.”

I have a dream that people will respect and value women
    I have a dream that women will speak up and let their voices be heard
    I have a dream that women will walk confidently
    This is the year of women empowerment

1. I like this statement “In China women are known as “leftover food” The older you get the worthless you are especially if you are not married” because it really shows how women are perceived in this society, and i can tie it into the Women Warrior such as when Kingston stated that her grandpa would say that, “Women are just maggots in a bowl of rice”. It just shows how around the world women are oppressed and are pressured into marriages, and doing “feminine” things.

18. MY NIGHTMARES

The aftermath leaves thousands dead. I see the environment torn from its natural beauty due to the liter of corpses. I hear a murder squawking a song of death while circling above the has-been battlefield. I feel the spirits of men who fought that battle willingly, even though it meant leaving his family. Like the great JFK, “Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind”. This planet is burning in the flame of raging wars that will continue to burn until all life from it is taken. I have nightmares of future generations having to fear war breaking loose wherever they go. I have nightmares of a scorched earth, burned by a man made fire. I have nightmares of an evolved species, known as humans, who can’t even get along with their neighbors. I believe now is the time to stop these wars before we end up with world annihilation. Now is the time to stop spending money on wars, and start spending it on education so we can teach these children why war is so terrible. Now is the time for this planet to get along with itself, for everybody to join forces and become an army of earth.

19. I Have a Dream

Bullying is the main problem we have in this world. There are so many different types of bullying. There is cyberbullying, bullying on the internet, physical bullying, where they use their bodies to act, and verbal bullying, using negative statement towards the victim. People who bully other people are those who are not proud of their insecurities so they bring other people who are proud of their insecurities down.
    I see kids these days committing suicide because they have given up on this never-ending journey. I hear kids calling for help but nobody can hear them from this small little hole they are stuck in. I feel what they feel when they walk down the hallways not being able to stick their head high. This pain is like a river flowing with no water, feeling lonely and incomplete. Now is the time for us to be more careful of what we say or do towards others. Now is the time for us to love ourself and love others no matter the insecurities. Now is the time for us to come together and bring peace because the people that are getting bullied are tired of the burning flames on their back. Like the great anti-bullying pop artist, Demi Lovato once said, “Never be ashamed of what you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that you want, and to do what makes you happy.”
    I have a dream that kids will be able to walk down these hallways with their head held up as high as the clouds.
    I have a dream we will walk hands in hands through all of these obstacles that are few
    bringing us down.
    I HAVE A DREAM that we end bullying today.

20. I Have a Dream: Wealth Inequality
    I have a dream that wealth inequality around the world will not be so horrible. The gap between our poor to our rich is the largest it’s ever been. Poverty is one of the biggest issues with our society. With the rich getting more rich and the poor getting more poor. Children are born into poverty. The Rich stay rich, poor stay poor. The facts about our country say that we are the richest country in the world. This so called “rich” country is only controlled by a handful of people. This handful of people are all wealthy. Every year that passes all the rich get more rich but, no one realizes it. As you work over the years you make the same amount but for the wealthy working each year they more money. While everyone else is making the same amount every year. I have a dream that the people in poverty will be able to get money from the rich. I have a dream that the rich will spread their money with people in poverty. I have a dream that everyone can live with food, water, clothing, and under a roof. So stand together to make this possible. I see a future without poverty. I hear the voices cheering with happiness. I feel this is possible and can be accomplished. As the famous Malcolm X did what he had to do to be successful we will do the same. I have a dream that we can all feed the poor. I have a dream that all people can walk without an empty stomach. I HAVE A DREAM that this country can live without poverty.

1. The line “I have a dream that all people can walk without an empty stomach” very touching and it spoke loudly. even in words. Great speech!

21. Immigration/Discrimination Speech
    Hello fellow classmates we live in a time in USA 2016 were immigration is at an all-time high. Now I see hope for equality, I hear lions roaring for inequality, I feel mis-hearted for love and hope. Separation grows like their hope. Immigration is like a fresh start. The USA is a safe house of inequality. Now is time, everyone is created equal. Now is the time we join together to fight discrimination. Now is the time we offer the people citizenship, offer them housing and offer them peace. Now is the time discrimination is irrelevant. Like the great human rights movement, we stand for rights and solitude I have a dream that one-day discrimination will be dissolved. I have a dream, the world will become one, for everyone to see I have a dream, we can welcome any one to our country, no matter what there made of.

22. Welcome ladies and gentlemen isn’t a beautiful day in California to ask, am I truly grateful? Have I been helpful? To those man and women, boys and girls in need. To the homeless in Downtown Sacramento. Ever bothered to take a good look at them. They hold on to the slight of hope to make a living on. Think you suffered the most because you don’t get the pay you deserved when the homeless can at least get a small donation of one or five dollars to feed themselves. But you still worried about how you won’t be able to pay the ac bill to keep yourself warm or cool during weather. Well at least you still have a roof over your head to keep away the frost bite of the wind and the steamy hot lava shaped as the sun, when the homeless have to ache on all crazy weather from pouring rain, super hot days to extremely cold afternoons. They can’t even buy enough clothes for themselves nor carry a lot of stuff because they’re always on the move to find opportunities. Homeless often get ignored as if they’re lost in space trying as hard as they can to come back onto earth and be treated once again as one of the brothers. To be respected like an average person. Are you grateful? I see there ashed dry chills on there arms and unkempt hair as if they hadn’t known the pleasure of a shower.Their shredded old clothes that been worn by all those that rested there before them. I hear their sorrow harshful pain of the sound of crying wolves when they lose a member of there pack except they the homeless has lost itself in the lands of the forgotten. I hear the groaning from their stomach that sounds of a grizzly bear waking up. I hear their thoughts of wishing to have a fresh start in their lives. I feel their bony knees wanting to give up so easily because they haven’t had the nutritions there suppose to receive. I feel their heart sometimes letting go because of the struggles they go through. Are we helpful? And all we say to them is get a job! But it’s not that easy. You try being in their footsteps and I guarantee the struggle is real. It takes more than just he/she to get back on there feet. It takes encouragement and support. It takes us to lend them a hand and help them try and succeed not just try and have no change. Are we grateful? But let me tell you, the homeless probably have more heart than a lot of us. They surely help others even when they’re the ones really needing the help. Are we helpful? The homeless are like the cracks in the sidewalks of the city we live in, so many people walk by, stepping over them pretending they are not there. Homeless people are a test of our generosity! Now is the time! So hear me out for I asked your time that was not wasted of such commentary of the unnecessary because we all should understand that every minute of everyday of every second is a movement that can change the future. Therefore I ask to open your eyes and and ears not to the short and tall trees of California but to those in need! Now is the time to be helpful to our homeless brothers and sisters. To help them get shelter, clothes , food, and give them the pursuit of happiness! A life with less struggles for them. Now is the time to stand up for one another and truly feel grateful for one another! Just like Sharon Stone said “the sooner we get people off the streets and into workforce the sooner that workforce will become stronger, less economic crisis will occur”. I have a Dream that all homeless people will have a job, home, and a happy life. I have a dream that homeless kids never have to worry about food and clothing. I have a Dream that the homeless will be treated equally and respected. I have a dream that not just in California but also all around the U.S.A that the homeless people would now just be known as the people of Great America! A dream to truly be grateful and helpful because it’s the way to be!

1. Daisy,

This is a powerful speech, written to draw our attention to the problem of poverty. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us to act!

Mr. Coey

23. In California now, the drought places a compromising problem for us. It is the most severe drought on record and we can only hope El Niño will aid the return to before this — this struggle, this misfortune, this affliction. Soon, we may not have water for our people and ourselves.

I see a future of death and despair.
    I hear the children’s cry of anguish and suffering.
    I feel the heartbreaking loss of loved and cherished ones.
    The misery of the drought would be as sharp as shattered glass; it would be the thirst of the ocean bottom for the ocean water.

Now is the time to limit our unnecessary uses of water.
    Now is the time to let our luxury lawns turn brown.
    Now is the time to keep our cars in its sheen of dirt because all of this is not worth the damage in return for irresponsibility. Yes, El Niño could help but would you risk the possibility of your children’s lives to a mere chance? We must use the ropes of unity to conquer it.
    Like what the symbolic and powerful Barack Obama said, “When our children’s children look us in the eye and ask if we did all we could do to leave them a safe, more stable world…I want us to be able to say yes, we did.”

I have a dream of worriless times and careless times where a drop of water fallen on the concrete doesn’t make me think of my unborn grandchildren’s tears.
    I have a dream we will take water for granted no more because how many years would it take for the haunting of death to last?
    I HAVE A DREAM…I won’t ever have to say this again.

24. I Have A Dream

We are gathered here today to open up about about the word “bullying”. Bullying has been a problem everywhere throughout the world and has had a negative impact on everyone from students to adults. No one should judge one another by their cultural differences or how they physically look but by their character. Bullying causes children at a very young age to have insecurities about themselves. Victims of bullying deal with it in many different ways. Some harm themselves while others think the only way to stop being bullied is to become one. Now is the time to be mindful of their comments. Now is the time to teach children to accept one another despite one’s differences.
    Now, there are many concepts of bullying: cyber, verbal, and physical. I see people from all ages being judged for the clothes they wear and the way they physically look. I hear teenagers judging one another by each other’s interests. But I also hear the cries from the victims of bullying. I feel that victims of bullying are like a ticking bomb. I hear the silent cries of the children while insults and name callings are thrown at them like trash. Some are quiet and don’t have the courage to speak up for themselves but today is the day that we will stand together against bullying without becoming one. Today is the day victims of bullying will finally have the courage to speak up for themselves.

I feel that one must not judge one another by their physical appearance but by the way one acts towards one another. In the great Martin Luther King Jr’s, “I Have A Dream” speech, he says, “I have a dream that my little four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Today is the day that we, as a nation, will come together to face this national problem and make this world a better place for the present as well as future. Today is the day to not laugh at one’s jokes towards another person but to tell them that it is wrong. Now is the time to face these problems. Or these problems will become worse.

Today is the day that we will achieve anti bullying across the nation. Today is the day that we take that leap instead of a step. Today is the day that we will stand up for ourselves and have the courage to speak not as an individual but as a nation. Now is the time to talk to children and tell them that bullying is not cool or anything to be proud of. Now is the time that parents, teachers, brothers, and sisters set the example for children so there will be a light for the future that is ahead of us.

1. I like the way of how you wrote “Now is the time to teach children to accept one another despite one’s differences” because its true to accept people for who they are and we can’t change that.

25. Air Pollution Speech

Air pollution causes health risks to millions of Americans each day. From the low valley of Central California, to the 2nd biggest city in the United States, toxic air is in the sky and hurting our lungs.
    I see heavy, thick, black smoke floating above us. I hear engines roaring, gas burning. Tires spinning, pollution spilling. I feel heavy and slow, lungs burning. Skin melting.
    Air pollution is like bathing in grey water. Air pollution is a cloudy day, every day.
    Now is the time to be able to see the sun. Now is the time to inhale fresh forest air. Now is the time to live a healthy happy life.
    Like the great philosopher Juan Garcia once said, “Take a deep breath, and calm down”, but how do we do so if the air hurts our lungs?
    I have a dream that the valleys of California let sun penetrate to the rich soil. I have a dream that the sun is seen in New York, when not blocked by skyscrapers. I HAVE A DREAM that we breathe a healthier air sooner!

1. I like your simile “Air pollution is like bathing in Greg water”
      And the quote from the philosopher Juan Garcia!

26. Money
    Money, problem of our society since the dawn of time. Whether it be a rock, paper, or a mineral, there’s always a price to pay which will one day be the reason we die out.

Because of this I see the people of America struggle to make a living with a monthly pay. Because of this, I hear the cries of innocent children at loss of hope, the hope to survive this godforsaken time. Because of this, I feel the regret we share by taking away a good man’s pay. Life is much like a dollar, you can toss it away, give it to someone else or make it your own but in the end, it doesn’t even matter. You’re just another dollar, just another person out of the billions that were made. Money, in my eyes, is that big boulder that blocks us from truly experiencing that peace.

Now is the time to rid of a mistake, our mistake. Now is the time to create a better peace. Now is the time to truly live as people not judged by how poor one is but by one’s dedication, one’s personality, one’s truth.

As Mark Twain had said,” Lack of Money is the root of all evil”.

I have a dream that we will abort our money instead of our own children. I have a dream that we can work without money leading us as it’s slaves. I HAVE A DREAM that one day, man will guide us with his own power, not by that of money

27. Our earth is warming, earth’s average temperature has risen by 1.5F over the past century and if we don’t do something about it, it can rise 0.5 to 8.6F.I see a warming climate will bring changes that can affect our water supplies,our agriculture and even our own health and safety.I hear that humans are largely responsible for this recent climate change because we are driving our cars instead of walking.I feel that Scientists have made a final observation of what causes “climate change”, and its likely due to the coal, oil and natural gas, when they are burnt they release CO2 (carbon dioxide) into the atmosphere.Because of this the layer of greenhouse gases are getting thicker,which is making the Earth warmer. I feel a change in our weather.Greenhouse gases acts like a blanket around our earth.Trapping energy in the atmosphere and causing it to warm.Now is the time to drive less you will save more energy and money by walking or riding a bike.Plus you will feel good about yourself.And your body will thank you when you get older.Now is the time to recycle aluminum cans, newspaper,magazines, cardboard and glass.Now is the time to eat vegetarian meals, vegetarian meal are a type of food that require much less energy to produce. Like the great our decisions today will shape the world our children and grandchildren live in. I have a dream that us humans will do the right things and stop climate change.I have a dream that by doing the right things we will stop climate change.I have a dream that by changing the ways we do thing we will stop producing so much coal, oil and natural gas.

1. I really like the line “Greenhouse gases acts like a blanket around our earth” It was a great connection. Overall nice speech!

28. I Have a Dream

To all my fellow peers, today I will speak for all the people who hopes for world peace until this day. This way we can open our minds and be aware of all the chaos not just in our nation but all over the world.

I see people that are harmed emotionally and physically by racism, violence, and drugs. I hear that people are losing their family members and loved ones because of madness and hatred. I feel that the thought of something horrible will happen to myself just by walking in the streets or through the park is scary enough.

Time is a thief; now is the time to not take this world we are living in for granted due to all the chaos. Now is the time to not let the battle of egos stop our nation to come together as one and fix the mess that we have left behind our tracks. Now is the time to take this journey of life into world peace to make a better future. This all just goes back to the saying by Joni Mitchell, “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.”

I have a dream that one day this nation will grow up to realize what kind of a world we have created. Being free does not mean being violent and cruel to your environment, your peers, or your world. I have a dream that one day I can be able to walk through the park without the fear of something happening to myself or other. I have a dream that we will all learn to get along with each other. I have a dream that we will all have this dream.

This is our hope, with this faith we will be able to stop all madness and chaos and finally be able to live in peace. Our unity to stop the cruelty, is not an end but a beginning of making this world of ours into a better place.

1. Jessiebeth,

I love your “Time is a thief” metaphor! So great! It’s a great visual comparison and one that emphasizes your idea in that paragraph.

Coey

29. Terrorism is a large issue that affects countries worldwide, but specifically in Syria. A great number of innocent people are being killed by the Syrian government and isis organization on a daily basis.

I see a young protester standing up for his/her rights but being held at gunpoint for having a voice.
    I hear the painful cries and prayers for freedom and safety.
    I feel the captivity of terrorism and bombing that devastates the people of Syria every single day.

The sound of a bomb going off is like a peaceful melody to the Syrian government and isis organization. The people of Syria have walked through a door of darkness and violence.

Now is the time to introduce peace to those minds that only revolve around violence.
    Now is the time to introduce safety and freedom to those minds that are constantly under threat.
    Now is the time to fight for what is right.

Like the great Mahatma Gandhi once said “Let us work together for unity and peace” if we right now don’t unite to help others in adversity, the world will turn into a critical and selfish place.

I have a dream that one day gunshots and bombs going off wont be heard in Syria anymore.
    I have a dream that one day Syria will witness the end of terrorism and the beginning of harmony.
    I HAVE A DREAM that one day the people the earth will bring the key of freedom to Syria and unlock the door of darkness and violence to free the Syrian nation that was once ambushed behind it.

30. Discrimination
    The world chooses to use the word discrimination to distinguish one and use their qualities to hurt them. For instance, I would hear a mother being told she is disgusting because she is breastfeeding her baby in public. On the other hand, another woman is noticed as sexy or beautiful for flaunting her breast out. I see a child, a beautiful little girl, alone crying on the other side of the room and kids pointing, calling her names because she was not the same color or ethnicity as the rest of them. I feel though as if the quote “sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me” has no support to it. The fact of the matter is, being told that you are ugly or being told that you are stupid for being who YOU are hurts more than any broken bone because it is a broken heart instead.
    Now is the time to grasp onto the little hope and diversity that we today and take it with us into the future. Now is the time to go out and about to share one another’s differences. Now is the time to give a helping hand rather than indifference.
    Discrimination is like the story of Rudolph the red nose reindeer. As everyone knows, all the other reindeer made fun of Rudolph and did not let him in any games just because his nose was red. However in the end Santa made something good out Rudolph’s red nose, even though there was nothing wrong with it. This is exactly what we need to do with those who are more colorful than others, embrace them. I have dream that one day the next generations would learn from our experiences and change them for the better. I have a dream that the word discrimination would simply be a part of history and not the present. So then let us not push others away for being different but love them.

1. I like how you referred to the Quote “Sticks and stones” I agree. Its okay to be unique! Great speech!!